closing drawing, save the changes

Use this forum for all posts and questions about the free QCAD Community Edition version 3

Moderator: andrew

ben7v
Newbie Member

closing drawing, save the changes

Post by ben7v » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:11 am

Good Evening,

I have recently installed the latest build of QCad 3.9.8.0 and every time I close any drawings, the message about saving the changes before closing the drawing pops up. Is it an installation problem or an application preferences that I need to adjust?

The weird problem is that it only happens when I am using QCad on Ubuntu and not on Win 7. I installed the current QCad build on both OS and the Win 7 version doesnt have the message when compared to the Ubuntu version. Other than this small problem, everything else works great.

My current setup is a Lenovo Thinkpad running a dual boot system, Windows 7 and Ubuntu 14.04LTS. The OS's are 64 bit with all the updates installed.

Thanks for any help

andrew
Site Admin

Re: closing drawing, save the changes

Post by andrew » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:10 am

Is this QCAD Professional or the QCAD Community Edition? Thanks.

ben7v
Newbie Member

Post by ben7v » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:14 pm

sorry, I forgot to include that its the community edition.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:22 pm

No problem. I've moved this topic to the appropriate forum.

riverbuoy

Post by riverbuoy » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:32 pm

Hi,

I've had exactly the same problem, under Linux, since about version 3.7.3 (Community version). Yesterday I made a discovery. I decided to install the Pro Trial version in Windows 8.1, and remove the pro libraries, so as to have the Community version installed. When I had removed the libraries, the exact same problem appears in the Windows version. So, I put back the proscripts library, and the problem disappeared.
It would appear that something was removed from the community version and put in the pro scripts library.

@Andrew - Should I enter a bug report or is this a fairly easy fix?

Thanks

riverbuoy

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:05 am

This is a known problem with QCAD CE, yes. Feel free to report a bug and assign to "QCAD Community", thanks.

Return to “QCAD Community Edition”