Problem with"MODIFY"

Use this forum for all posts and questions about the free QCAD Community Edition version 3

Moderator: andrew

tsftom
Newbie Member

Problem with"MODIFY"

Post by tsftom » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:02 pm

Hello Everybody,
I'm a new user of Qcad 3.12, 64bit (free version) on Linux Mint 17 OS. My only previous experience with 2D cad is TurboCad. Since I no longer use Windows OS, I had to find a program that resembled TurboCad and can use .dxf files. Qcad is it, and I like it. Unfortunately I have a problem with the “modify” section of the program. Modifications that require entering a number in the fly-out box such as: OFFSET, LENGTHEN, BEVEL, ROUND and BREAKOUT GAP, do not allow me to change the already existing number in the box. Right now the only way I can enter a number is to copy/paste a number form the Comad Line. There's got to be an easier way. I suspect my problem has to do with Layers and/or Snap settings, but so far I have not been able to figure out how correct the problem. Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Problem with"MODIFY"

Post by Husky » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:14 pm

Hello tsftom - welcome to the forum!
tsftom wrote:Modifications that require entering a number in the fly-out box such as: OFFSET, LENGTHEN, BEVEL, ROUND and BREAKOUT GAP, do not allow me to change the already existing number in the box. Right now the only way I can enter a number is to copy/paste a number form the Comad Line.
Sorry but I can't reproduce this on my 32bit System. You can't write anything (no numbers or letters) into this box?
You are sure the fly-out box is active (click with the mouse in that field or use the "Focus on Option toolbar" command). Whats about the caps lock or Num lock? Are they locked?
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

tsftom
Newbie Member

Re: Problem with"MODIFY"

Post by tsftom » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:08 pm

Thanks for the reply. I think I solved the problem by moving the "Active Tool" icon from the left side of the screen to the top row where other tool bars are. It works now as it supposed to but I cannot understand why it did not work as a fly-out when the Active Tool was in the vertical column on the left side. I'm attaching a picture of the way it was when it did not work.
Attachments
qcad1.jpg
qcad1.jpg (450.79 KiB) Viewed 4709 times

Return to “QCAD Community Edition”