DXF export

Drop in here to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: andrew

DXF export

Postby BOBOS » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:13 pm

I purchased QCAD in 2010 and learned little by little to make some drawings of parts that I let produce at companies with laser cutting or water jet cutting. I send them a DXF file with the drawing.

This works in general when the original drawing has not been made by me and when I just add or remove something. But when I created drawings from scratch, my producers simply can not see anything in the DXF file that I send them. As example attache one of those files.
(22.48 KiB) Downloaded 180 times

Can somebody somehow help me out of this frustrating situation? Try to keep it simple as I am not very strong in all this. :)

Registered Member

Re: DXF export

Postby andrew » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:23 pm

My first guess is that the entities in the file are all white (or black) and the manufacturer uses a white (or black) background. I.e. the entities have the same color as the background.

Note that QCAD 2 automatically adjusts black and white entities to never match your background, but other applications like the one from your manufacturer very likely don't do this.
Site Admin

Re: DXF export

Postby Clive » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:02 pm

Further to Andrews suggestion, ask your producers to select everything in your file even if they cannot see anything - at least this will check whether their program is 'identifying' your entities or not!

Return to Chat