Buying or trying to buy license

Drop in here to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

duggined
Registered Member

Buying or trying to buy license

Post by duggined » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:18 pm

I am trying to buy qcad and when trying to pay for it the cart always resorts back to the EUR 32 setting, I am in the US and not sure if it will make a differents when buying, I only want the downloaded version but need to do this now as I have a few projects I need to finish before I head out of town later to day to take the items to my daughter and grandkids. Not sure what happened but I can draw the designs fine but when I go to mach3 it is like nothing is in the file except a few commands. Sheetcam and mach3 are both licensed and work fine, I did get a message in qcad saying the trial is over so hope this is the problem...Please help soon.
Ed

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Buying or trying to buy license

Post by andrew » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:11 am

duggined wrote:when I go to mach3 it is like nothing is in the file except a few commands
You might have to export your drawing in a different (older) version of DXF for some other applications to be able to load the file.
QCAD by default saves to DXF 2013. Please try DXF 2010, 2007, 2004, 2000 or DXF R12 in that order of priority or refer to the user manual of the other application to learn what versions of DXF are supported.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:47 am

Hello Ed,

have you used Splines in your drawing? If yes you could do a test: Explode this Splines in QCAd and check for a proper reading in the CAM Software.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:54 pm

Husky wrote:Hello Ed,

have you used Splines in your drawing? If yes you could do a test: Explode this Splines in QCAd and check for a proper reading in the CAM Software.
Don't worry about that - I checked it by myself.

A drawing produced in QCAD Pro 4.7.0 and saved to the dxf (!) format R27 / 2013 is perfectly readable for SheetCam (6.0.14). No problems with Splines / Polylines / Block etc.

But ... my Demo Sheetcam can't open a dwg ... :wink:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “Chat”