How to get started

Drop in here to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

squatch97402
Registered Member

How to get started

Post by squatch97402 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:05 pm

What is the best way to learn QCAD. Are there any tutorials. Or is there other info that I can use to learn. I'm new to CAD type of drawing. But I had to be able to read CAD drawings before I retired, but never had to do a drawing.

thanks
Mike

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: How to get started

Post by Husky » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:36 pm

Hello Mike - welcome to the forum!
squatch97402 wrote:What is the best way to learn QCAD. Are there any tutorials. Or is there other info that I can use to learn.
I would recommend a concrete project which has to be drawn, the QCAD Book and this forum for all QCAD CAD beginners.

1. Concrete Project
You will be challenged with a couple problems - each one which is solved by you will build up your CAD knowledge,

2. The Book will give you all Basic information how to draw something,

3. The forum will help you with fundamental knowledge and experience. There is also a section in the Forum with "QCAD 3 Tips and Tutorials" viewforum.php?f=47

.. or if you stuck in a problem feel free to ask us. :wink:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

squatch97402
Registered Member

Post by squatch97402 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:45 pm

Where would I find the info on a concrete project.

thanks
Mike

Clive

Post by Clive » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:24 am

Hey Mike

Are you using the free community version of QCAD?

As Husky states the QCAD book is want you need to get going, it's an eBook and of course you'll need to pay for it, but at a low cost it is worth it, it will take you through all the basics of CAD up to a stage where you will be able to use QCAD to draw something for yourself. QCAD Pro itself is at low cost and has those extra features but the community (free) version of QCAD is great for most basic drawings particularly if you only need to use it now and again. Of course you can ask questions here on the forum like Husky says, but honestly, you need a good foundation of the basics first and the book will give you that.

http://www.ribbonsoft.com/shop/category ... ategory=77

Return to “Chat”