Can I insert multiple Bitmap images ?

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Clive

Can I insert multiple Bitmap images ?

Post by Clive » Tue May 27, 2014 10:43 am

Is it possible to insert multiple bitmap images ? - if not would this be possible to implement as I would find this option extremely useful.
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Can I insert multiple Bitmap images ?

Post by andrew » Tue May 27, 2014 11:15 am

Yes, you can insert as many bitmaps as required into your drawing.

Clive

Post by Clive » Tue May 27, 2014 11:31 am

Thanks Andrew, sorry I should have been clearer - what I meant was can I insert multiple bitmaps in one go?
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue May 27, 2014 12:23 pm

Clive wrote:what I meant was can I insert multiple bitmaps in one go?
No. Can you elaborate on how such a tool would have to work? E.g. insert the selected images all in one place on top of each other, as an array beside each other or positioned individually?

Clive

Post by Clive » Tue May 27, 2014 1:23 pm

Thanks, an array beside each other with some kind of spacing size option would be good. For me the important thing would be just to be able to get more than one image inserted at a time instead of repeating the whole process several times in some cases, I can rearrange them after this stage how I wish.
I'll give you an example from something I'm currently working on, I am creating a set of drawings for students to detail how to draft spiral staircases and in each drawing I also have some photo's, in one of the drawings I have 7 photo's inserted ... so an option to speed up this process would be good. I have more similar projects like this to do in the pipeline!

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue May 27, 2014 1:32 pm

An option might be to create multiple copies of the same image first and then change the image name using the property editor:
Screen Shot 2014-05-27 at 14.30.34.png
Screen Shot 2014-05-27 at 14.30.34.png (40.74 KiB) Viewed 6858 times
This can speed up things, certainly if your images are called 'image001', 'image002', or if you have the list of file names ready to copy / paste.

Clive

Post by Clive » Tue May 27, 2014 1:45 pm

Not sure I follow you correctly. My situation would need for example 7 different images all to be inserted in just one go.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue May 27, 2014 1:49 pm

My idea was to insert 7 copies of an identical image, then click each image one by one and edit the 'File' property (e.g. image001.jpg, image002.jpg, ...).

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Tue May 27, 2014 5:45 pm

andrew wrote:My idea was to insert 7 copies of an identical image, then click each image one by one and edit the 'File' property (e.g. image001.jpg, image002.jpg, ...).
That is a nice tip - I have to try it - thank you!

Edit: Works great! :D
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Clive

Post by Clive » Tue May 27, 2014 7:05 pm

andrew wrote:My idea was to insert 7 copies of an identical image, then click each image one by one and edit the 'File' property (e.g. image001.jpg, image002.jpg, ...).
Yep, I got it now, neat trick :wink: thanks this will help to speed things up.

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”