grid

Do you have a question you want to ask an existing QCAD user about QCAD and what you can do with it? Do you want to know if a particular feature exists? This is the place to ask.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

tipppytoes
Registered Member

grid

Post by tipppytoes » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:54 am

Hi, I'm a total newbie. I don't know what an isometric grid is. I want to draw plans for an addition to a house. I like to work with a grid
1 square = 2 ft. Partly I want to use the program to design but I also want to be able to present it as plans to the city when I'm done. My learning curve is shortest & best when I start from a place that I know & am used to. My only experience is with grid paper & cutting out sizes wi scissors & sticking them on. Unfortunately city planning doesn't appreciate that level of creativity. Also I want to draw my property & setbacks first, then my pool & existing house, & then build within the existing space. So my question is: does QCad have the regular kind of grid that I'm talking about? Is that regular type of grid that I'm talking about called an isometric grid or is that something else? Can I set up my property first? Also, I don't like working on a black background. I like white background & I don't care what color the grid lines are, blue, I think. So can you tell me if this program is right for me?

andrew
Site Admin

Re: grid

Post by andrew » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:39 am

tipppytoes wrote:does QCad have the regular kind of grid that I'm talking about?
Yes, QCAD does have a grid that can be adjusted to any desired spacing. Edit - Drawing Preferences - Grid
tipppytoes wrote:Is that regular type of grid that I'm talking about called an isometric grid or is that something else?
No, an isometric grid is used for isometric drawings. QCAD 2 does not have an isometric grid.
tipppytoes wrote:Also, I don't like working on a black background. I like white background & I don't care what color the grid lines are, blue, I think.
Edit - Application Preferences - Colors

Return to “Pre-sales Questions”