moving a filled entity

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD 2.1/2.2.

Moderator: andrew

webrider

moving a filled entity

Post by webrider » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:58 pm

v2.1.3.2, winXP SP2, my experience has been that when I select a filled entity and move that entity, the fill pattern remains at the old location. Once the fill and the entity outline are seperated by a move, then you can select both the fill and the object and move them together, but they remain out of alignment. Before they are seperated, I got an error about "atomic entities"when I try to select the fill pattern.

I have not found a way around this. Could someone explain the sequence or acknowledge that it is impossible to move the entity and the fill together?

hca
Newbie Member

Re: moving a filled entity

Post by hca » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:52 pm

webrider wrote:v2.1.3.2, winXP SP2, my experience has been that when I select a filled entity and move that entity, the fill pattern remains at the old location. Once the fill and the entity outline are seperated by a move, then you can select both the fill and the object and move them together, but they remain out of alignment. Before they are seperated, I got an error about "atomic entities"when I try to select the fill pattern.

I have not found a way around this. Could someone explain the sequence or acknowledge that it is impossible to move the entity and the fill together?
Hello webrider,
I tried to move part of a drawing containing a filled entity. Had no problems!
Could you, please, try explain what exactly you did?
/Hans Christian Andersen, Denmark

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 'How Do I' Questions”