SVG Demo File

Do you have a question you want to ask an existing QCAD user about QCAD and what you can do with it? Do you want to know if a particular feature exists? This is the place to ask.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Duesentrieb
Newbie Member

SVG Demo File

Post by Duesentrieb » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:44 pm

Folks

I love qCad - great job!

Now I need SVG Export for my project. I downloaded the demo version to try this function but it does not work.

so, could you please export the test drawing (download here: http://www.ballmer.ca/qcad_svg_test.dxf ) to svg and send it to me?

Thanks so much,
Dusko

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:29 pm

Seems to work just fine here. Note that some SVG viewers (for example Inkscape) do not show entities with a stroke width of 0.00mm, so you might want to increase the stroke width of your entities either in QCAD or after the export in Inkscape.

Duesentrieb
Newbie Member

Post by Duesentrieb » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:33 pm

Thanks for the hint. I can see some lines now. But the drawing is not complete (Demo version).

Until now I import the dxf12 in OpenOffice Draw and export the SVG. This solution is not perfect. The svg drawing just looks in the begining good. if I go closer, I can see that some angles and lines are not 100% perfect. I need also to convert a lot of dxf files in the future. So the OO solution is not working for me.

For this reasons I think about to buy the license of qCad. But I would like to be sure that the SVG-output is that what I need. So if you please could send me the SVG as PN I could check this.

Thanks for your help,
Dusko

Duesentrieb
Newbie Member

Post by Duesentrieb » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:34 am

never mind. I just saw that the full version is only 24 euro.

Thanks,
Dusko

Return to “Pre-sales Questions”