Problems between demo & prof versions

Drop in here to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Cpat
Newbie Member

Post by Cpat » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:25 pm

I had a demo version, then bought the professional version. Now when I open the professional version and click on the search key in the help screen I get the message
'file:///Users/bm/Desktop/qcad-2.2.2.0-1-demo.macosx.tiger.universal/doc/chapter24.html#aligned dimension'

It apparently is looking for the demo version of a page.

How do I fix this.

Apparently you are not the only company that has problems installing software on a Mac. I've had more problems this month on Mac installations than I had in 25 years on Windows.
I think Steve Jobs should quit worrying about iPad and iPods and get rid of this 40 year old obsolete software he's using on the Mac. [/img]

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:35 pm

The help tool unfortunately remembers the last used manual. To flush its memory, please delete its configuration file as described in our FAQs:

http://www.ribbonsoft.com/qcad_doc_faq.html#15

-> 15. I cannot access the manual in QCAD. It used to work in the demo version / a previous version.

Cpat
Newbie Member

Post by Cpat » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:01 pm

I'm running Mac OS 10.4 which has a /Library/Preferences folder but do not see any file named "com.Qt Assistant.plist".

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:25 pm

Sorry for the delay. I've been trying to get Tiger 10.4 up and running again but it's simply too old and won't install or run on any modern Mac computer anymore.

The file "com.Qt Assistant.plist" should be there, more likely under /Users/your name/Library/Preferences/

Cpat
Newbie Member

Post by Cpat » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:41 pm

It is not in /Users/your name/Library/Preferences/ or any other folder.

Return to “Chat”