executing script at terminal command prompt

Discussion forum for C++ and script developers who are using the QCAD development platform or who are looking to contribute to QCAD (translations, documentation, etc).

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files, scripts and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:32 pm

alf2006x wrote:And my another question is: can qcad3-rc1 run several scripts at the same time on the same server?
Not straightforward. It's much easier to leave the multitasking to the operating system. I.e. run multiple instances of QCAD for every request that comes in. Multiple instances of QCAD can be run if you pass -allow-multiple-instances as command line argument.
alf2006x wrote:And one question not about qcad. How can I make my binary file in Linux? I do not want to show my source code to anyone.
That is why I want to compile the binary.
Some fundamentals about script languages:

The code you are writing for QCAD is written in ECMAScript (also known as 'JavaScript'). ECMAScript is a so called script language. Script languages are executed by a script interpreter (in this case the QCAD binary). Code that is written in a script language does not have to be compiled and in fact can not be compiled into native machine code.

About hiding source code:

Since your scripts are stored on a server, only people with direct access to the file system of that server (and read access to the script files) can see your code. That is very likely the best point for any access control you may want to implement.

alf2006x

Post by alf2006x » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:16 am

Hello.
Why all names of classes in script starts with "R" letter?
- RDocument
- RLineEntity
etc.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:04 pm

alf2006x wrote:Why all names of classes in script starts with "R" letter
It's a common convention to ensure unique, recognizable names. Qt classes start with a 'Q' (QCoreApplication, QWidget, ...). QCAD Application Framework calsses start with an 'R'.

Please start a new forum topic for new, unrelated questions to avoid very long threads with unrelated content. Thanks.

To start a new thread in the QCAD 3 developer forum, please go to http://ribbonsoft.com/rsforum/viewforum.php?f=30 and click "new topic".

Return to “QCAD Programming, Script Programming and Contributing”