QCAD RC3 Windows XP - Modify -> Stretch Command

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

qcaduser2004
Newbie Member

QCAD RC3 Windows XP - Modify -> Stretch Command

Post by qcaduser2004 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:10 pm

Hello Andrew,

I've been playing around with RC3 on Windows XP and don't seem to be able to get the Modify -> Stretch command to work.

First and second corners are selected, followed by the reference point. However, entering the target point, either by mouse or by keyboard results in the movement of the cursor, but not the entity(ies).

I didn't see this as a reported bug, so don't know if this is simply operator error.

When adding (or amending) text on the drawing, the pop up displays source and a tab for Rich Text. May I ask the purpose of the source tab? Given that I probably won't ever wish to work at that level, it would be nice if the pop up defaulted to Rich Text instead.

I also found that the text in version 2 drawings did not display legibly on the screen until I selected each individually with the Modify -> Edit Text command. Is this a known problem?

Is there an overview of command changes available? It took me a while to figure out that holding the shift key, instead of the CTRL key, allows one to select more than one entity.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,

Malcolm
BTW I like the new look and feel, but it'll take a bit of getting used to.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: QCAD RC3 Windows XP - Modify -> Stretch Command

Post by andrew » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:20 am

qcaduser2004 wrote:I've been playing around with RC3 on Windows XP and don't seem to be able to get the Modify -> Stretch command to work.
Please make sure the entities are not on a locked layer.
Entities inside a block can only be stretched by editing the block contents.
qcaduser2004 wrote:I didn't see this as a reported bug, so don't know if this is simply operator error.
If you cannot solve the problem, please post a bug report and attach the drawing or send us the drawing by e-mail if it is confidential.
qcaduser2004 wrote:When adding (or amending) text on the drawing, the pop up displays source and a tab for Rich Text. May I ask the purpose of the source tab? Given that I probably won't ever wish to work at that level, it would be nice if the pop up defaulted to Rich Text instead.
Thanks for the report. This has been fixed for the next release:
http://www.ribbonsoft.com/bugtracker/in ... ask_id=432
qcaduser2004 wrote:I also found that the text in version 2 drawings did not display legibly on the screen until I selected each individually with the Modify -> Edit Text command. Is this a known problem?
No. I haven't been able to reproduce that here. What exact version of QCAD 2 was used to create the drawings (2.0, 2.1, 2.2)? If you have any drawings to demonstrate the problem, please send them for testing.
qcaduser2004 wrote:Is there an overview of command changes available? It took me a while to figure out that holding the shift key, instead of the CTRL key, allows one to select more than one entity.
No, not much has changed but almost every tool has a key code in QCAD 3.

qcaduser2004
Newbie Member

Post by qcaduser2004 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:53 pm

Hi Andrew,
Thank you for explaining that I needed to 'draw' an area around the entity I wished to stretch using the first and second points. Rather than select specific points on the entities themselves. It's working fine now.
The problem with the text appears to be a minor incompatibility between v2.1.0.0_rc1 and v3.0.0_rc3. Oddly enough it only seems to affect a few characters, such as; 's'. (Earlier drawings created in v2.0.x don't render at all well).
However, all of the earlier drawings are fine in v2.2.2. So, from my point of view, it's not a problem. I'll keep a copy v2.2.2 alive for the earlier drawings and update my title drawing templates to v3.
I am able to provide an example of a drawing, if you have a desire to investigate further.
Regards,
Malcolm

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”