Tools/Menus disabled [solved]

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

RyecoAaron
Registered Member

Tools/Menus disabled [solved]

Post by RyecoAaron » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:39 pm

Running RC3 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 but and when I double click on any drawing file, all of the draw tools and almost all of the menus/options are grayed out. If I open RC3 and use the open dialog to open a drawing, it works fine.

I also noticed that when I double click on the drawing, it does not show the drawing at the same zoom level I saved it at. So, if I save the drawing taking up the entire screen, it is very small in the bottom left corner when double clicking on it. It does not do this when opening using the Open dialog.

Not a big deal to me since I rarely double click on a file to open it.
Last edited by RyecoAaron on Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clive

Re: Tools/Menus disabled

Post by Clive » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:19 am

RyecoAaron wrote:Running RC3 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 but and when I double click on any drawing file, all of the draw tools and almost all of the menus/options are grayed out. If I open RC3 and use the open dialog to open a drawing, it works fine.

I also noticed that when I double click on the drawing, it does not show the drawing at the same zoom level I saved it at. So, if I save the drawing taking up the entire screen, it is very small in the bottom left corner when double clicking on it. It does not do this when opening using the Open dialog.

Not a big deal to me since I rarely double click on a file to open it.
Hi RyecoAaron

Yes I tried that and indeed it does do exactly what you said in Windows 7-64 bit (not sure about other os?) anyway I found that if you open a file in that manner you can go to file>New and this will open up a new file, then if you click on the existing file tab you first opened it will function as normal :wink: then you can use the Auto Zoom command (from View>Auto Zoom or use Z,A keys ( to "zoom" out to the full extents of your drawing).

but as you say there is no point in using this method, you are better off using the more"conventional" way of first opening QCAD then opening your file from within the "open Drawing" dialog window!

Welcome to this forum RyecoAaron :) I am recently new here too!

RyecoAaron
Registered Member

Post by RyecoAaron » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:34 pm

Issue is fixed in RC4b

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”