arc three points

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

mandrena
Newbie Member

arc three points

Post by mandrena » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:06 am

I suggest to insert another arc function for 3 points but with a new sequence:
1° start point
2° end point
3° point on arc
For me is useful.
Thanks

Clive

Re: arc three points

Post by Clive » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:43 pm

mandrena wrote:I suggest to insert another arc function for 3 points but with a new sequence:
1° start point
2° end point
3° point on arc
For me is useful.
Thanks
explain why this would be better than using whats already there?

i.e.
3 points
1.Start point.

2.Point on arc.

3. End point

mandrena
Newbie Member

arc three points

Post by mandrena » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:52 am

before buying Qcad I used, and I still use sometimes, IMSI TurboCAD in which the functions are implemented arc through three points: one as Qcad the other is what I suggested.
I think it is convenient because it happens to have to invent and draw the shapes without reference points, the radius of curvature can it visible before you click the third point, already knowing the shape that is as a result, otherwise I should decide where to cross the line, as a starting point, not knowing if the end result is what I want. But it is difficult to include this feature?

Clive

Post by Clive » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:31 am

mandrena wrote:before buying Qcad I used, and I still use sometimes, IMSI TurboCAD in which the functions are implemented arc through three points: one as Qcad the other is what I suggested.
I think it is convenient because it happens to have to invent and draw the shapes without reference points, the radius of curvature can it visible before you click the third point, already knowing the shape that is as a result, otherwise I should decide where to cross the line, as a starting point, not knowing if the end result is what I want. But it is difficult to include this feature?
Yes I think I understand;

You want to palce your "Start & End" points first for an Arc then be able to specify where you want the 3rd point point to be- without being restricted in the "radius" input field.

So maybe add a feature request for something like this?

1.Specify Start point for Arc.
2.Specify End point for Arc.
3.Specify "Tangent" direction (without being restricted in input field) so you can visually select a point on your desired Tangent line!

I think this would be a good feature too to add to the Arc set. :wink:

You can request a feature or a bug here;

http://www.ribbonsoft.com/bugtracker/

You will need to register first to use it.

regards

Clive

mandrena
Newbie Member

arc three points

Post by mandrena » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:38 pm

Yes i think i also

Clive

Post by Clive » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:06 pm

mandrena wrote:Yes i think i also
mandrena

I`ve added this for you:

http://www.ribbonsoft.com/bugtracker/in ... &pagenum=1

CVH
Premier Member

Post by CVH » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:55 am

Hi,
found this old topic by its feature request FS467
mandrena wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:52 am
But it is difficult to include this feature?
No, it would not, but remark that with two given endpoints the third point is not per definition a tangent point as Clive suggested.
One will not get an intended tangentially snap either as that refers to tangentially in regard from the second point.

For a tangent and 2 points one has the option CT1 but again the sequence is different and one needs to trim the circle afterwards.
Clive wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:31 am
... be able to specify where you want the 3rd point point to be- without being restricted in the "radius" input field.
Confusing because A3 has no options in the Option Toolbar but AD, A2, AL & AH do.

Last question would be what shortcut to use ... I think AF would be an option 'Arc from 2 points and a fitpoint'.

Regards,
CVH

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”