Optional drawing tabs

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Sazhen86

Optional drawing tabs

Post by Sazhen86 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:50 am

Hi

I'd like to suggest hiding the tabs above the drawing window in the case where only a single drawing is open. The tabs take up a fair amount of vertical space.

Thanks
Rick

Clive

Re: Optional drawing tabs

Post by Clive » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:35 pm

Sazhen86 wrote:Hi

I'd like to suggest hiding the tabs above the drawing window in the case where only a single drawing is open. The tabs take up a fair amount of vertical space.

Thanks
Rick
Rick
Personally I prefer having the tabs there for reference and I find it helps my work flow.
But you could add your idea as a feature request here;

http://www.ribbonsoft.com/bugtracker/

(you will need to register to use it)

Suggestions for more vertical space
1. If you dont need the rulers, you could hide them - Edit > Application preferences > Graphics view then check/un-check rulers. (you will need to re-start QCAD for this to become effective!).
2.You could un-dock the command line and re-dock on the right-hand side.

Hope this helps.

Sazhen86

Post by Sazhen86 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:49 pm

Clive

Thanks for the tips. I'd found the option to hide the rulers, but I didn't know about moving the command line.

I'm happy to have the tabs when multiple drawings are open, but it seems to me to be a waste of screen real estate when only a single drawing is open.

Cheers
Rick

Jef
Newbie Member

Re: Optional drawing tabs

Post by Jef » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:45 pm

I'm bumping this request because I too find the tabbed interface quite wasteful to me since I only ever work on 1 drawing at a time. And for the very rare case I do have more than 1 drawing open, the "Window" menu is there to switch drawings.

I think the best solution would be for QCAD to do it like Scribus: make this an interface setting. But maybe this would be easier with Qt5?

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”