Viewports

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

VOK
Newbie Member

Viewports

Post by VOK » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:45 am

I would like some help with a few functional issues

I am using Qcad R 3.0 and win 7 64

1.Viewports
I have set the viewports to 4:Left. I adjust the size of the viewports, when I close QCad and reopen the viewpots have been reset to the default half width and 1 third height.
I did find a similar question in the bug tracker by Clive, saying that this happened on one of the RCs but was working on ver 3.0
I am using 3.0 now, but I still have RC5 (Trial)available in a different location and the window seems to open with the viewport at the last saved setting

2.Options tool
I use QCad on 2 screens, 1 for the drawing in progress, and the other for tools. The problem is the options tool re-docks if I close and reopen the drawing

3.Tile window
QCad 2 had the option to “Tile” the drawings under the Window drop down menu. Is this function still available somewhere

Thanks in advance
VOK

Clive

Re: Viewports

Post by Clive » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:49 pm

VOK wrote:1.Viewports
I have set the viewports to 4:Left. I adjust the size of the viewports, when I close QCad and reopen the viewpots have been reset to the default half width and 1 third height.
I did find a similar question in the bug tracker by Clive, saying that this happened on one of the RCs but was working on ver 3.0
I am using 3.0 now, but I still have RC5 (Trial)available in a different location and the window seems to open with the viewport at the last saved setting
Yes, my bad in the bugtracker feedback comment, I was referring to the default view port positions now working in QCAD 3 final!
I have added an updated comment in the the bugtracker reflecting the fact that 'user defined' viewport positions are not remaing persistant when opening/closing drawings.
This is something that we need!

VOK wrote:

3.Tile window
QCad 2 had the option to “Tile” the drawings under the Window drop down menu. Is this function still available somewhere
Doesn`t appear to be, unless I can`t find an option somewhere.
Feature request added to re-introduce Tile and Cascade window options - http://www.ribbonsoft.com/bugtracker/in ... ask_id=708

Re - question 2:
I`m not sure on this one as I only ever use a single screen.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”