Expiration date passed...

Do you have a question you want to ask an existing QCAD user about QCAD and what you can do with it? Do you want to know if a particular feature exists? This is the place to ask.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Tiggr

Expiration date passed...

Post by Tiggr » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:12 pm

Hello!

This is more an afters-sales-question, then a presales-question! But I don't know where to ask instead! I've tried the contact form on the homepage, but didn't receive an answer!

I've purchased QCAD some time ago (march 2012, order No 095589)! And now I decided to wipe my notebook for installing Linux Mint instead of ubuntu, changing to KDE. After that, I wanted do install my favorite CAD programm QCAD again, and because of wiping my notebook I doesn't have any installation file (*.deb).

No problem, I thougth! I just download it from Ribbonsoft and go on!

But that doesn't work out well. I could not download anything, because the server from Ribbonsoft tells me:
dieseitemeldet.png
dieseitemeldet.png (14.55 KiB) Viewed 20095 times
Do I realy have to rebuy QCAD?????

Bye and thanks
Marcus

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Expiration date passed...

Post by andrew » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:56 am

I've replied to your e-mail on March 25. Please check also your spam or bulk mail folder for my e-mail. The e-mail contains instructions to download the latest QCAD version that was within one year of your purchase as well as update instructions. I've just forwarded the e-mail to your address again in case it got accidentally deleted.

Tiggr

Post by Tiggr » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:49 pm

Hello Andrew!

Thank you very much! This time I got your mail! Probably a problem with my spam protection! Sorry about barking around in public!

And thank again for your fast help!

This time I will keep a backup of the installation files - I promise!

Thank you and good bye
Marcus (aka Tiggr)

Jim.Thompson

Post by Jim.Thompson » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:22 am

What exactly happens after the 1 year expiry date for the professional version?
Do users then pay for updates? If so, where is this cost listed please and how much is it?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:52 am

From our FAQ at https://www.qcad.org/en/qcad-documentation/faq#License:

For how long is my QCAD license valid?

QCAD licenses are not time limited. You can buy QCAD now and continue using it without any limitations for as long as you like. During one year after your purchase, you can download free updates of new versions of QCAD. After one year, you can choose to renew your license at a 30% update discount and continue receiving updates or you can keep using the version you currently have. An update discount coupon code is sent to you via e-mail before your free access to updates expires.

Please let me know if you have any further questions about this.

Return to “Pre-sales Questions”