Learning with the Included Examples

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

wildspidee

Learning with the Included Examples

Post by wildspidee » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:49 am

I see that the new version of QCAD has a lengthly list of items under Examples in the main menu. The Reference Manual does not appear to have any mention of these examples and their functionality. I opened the .js files, but there aren't really any comments in there to help.

The QCAD Application Framework pages have some tutorials, but don't list all of them included in Examples.

Is there some documentation somewhere that explains all of the examples, what they do and how they do it? I'm working on a big project and these are a great place to start.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Learning with the Included Examples

Post by andrew » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:44 am

There is no documentation other than the one included in the source code for the 'Misc' folder and examples at this point.

Note that you also have the source code of all other QCAD tools available and most likely you can start your new tool by copying the code of a similar, existing tool.

wildspidee

Post by wildspidee » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:54 pm

Okay, I'll have to figure out the examples from their source. May I ask where this "Misc" folder is located?

My goal is to build a system that creates full drawings from the command line with no UI interaction. If you happen to have an example somewhere that is more extensive than CreatingDrawing.js, I'd love to have a look at it.

In some programs, there is a log file that records all the calls made when someone is using the UI. Is there such a file being generated in QCAD? This would allow me to draw something specific and then check the log file for what the program did on the back end. I could piece it together from there.

I started and then abandoned this project a year ago, but this time I'm going to follow through. QCAD is critical to my goals. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you for your time.

J-J

Post by J-J » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:09 am

wildspidee wrote:
In some programs, there is a log file that records all the calls made when someone is using the UI. Is there such a file being generated in QCAD? This would allow me to draw something specific and then check the log file for what the program did on the back end.
I remember posting a similar question back at the time of QCAD 2, to have a macro recorder as you have in EXCEL...
Last edited by J-J on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JJ Win7 pro-64

Clive

Post by Clive » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:23 am

J-J wrote:I remember posting a similar question back at the time of QCAD 2, to have a macro recorder as you have in EXCEL...
Yes, I agree, I would like to see something like this for QCAD too.
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”