Scaling images

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

andrew
Site Admin

Scaling images

Post by andrew » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:56 am

From a QCAD user:

Is there any plugin or modification to QCAD that will allow resizing of Jpegs without using the scale tool.

I think I have read in posts that to suggest such a thing is wrong as QCAD is a design package not a graphics package.

However I work in a school where students are designing layouts for cutting out using a laser cutter. Using the scaling tool to resize graphics isn't ideal for them.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Scaling images

Post by andrew » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:02 am

If you are looking for a way to scale images using the mouse cursor rather than entering a factor, you can do that using the existing scale tool:

- Select the image
- Modify - Scale
- Choose a reference point (this is the point that will still be in the same location after scaling). This can for example be the center of the image or the upper left corner, etc.
- In the dialog that pops up, click the button with a mouse cursor on it (see below)
- Click OK
- Click a point other than the reference point (for example the corner diagonally opposite to the chosen reference point)
- Click the new position (scale the image by positioning the mouse as desired)

A feature request for scaling images directly by using drag and drop on one of the image corners already exists at:
http://www.qcad.org/bugtracker/index.ph ... ask_id=154
Attachments
scale_with_mouse.png
scale_with_mouse.png (52.27 KiB) Viewed 5004 times

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”