Seasonal Feature Request voting Poll

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD version 3

Moderator: andrew

Vote from the following 4 options.

Poll ended at Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:47 am

FS#335 - Drawing preferences: Change font of dimensions - http://www.qcad.org/bugtracker/index.ph ... ask_id=335
0
No votes
FS#760 - Hierarchical Layers - http://www.qcad.org/bugtracker/index.ph ... ask_id=760
9
60%
FS#761 - Colour Indicators for Layer List - http://www.qcad.org/bugtracker/index.ph ... ask_id=761
2
13%
FS#889 - Filter the current selection to only include entities of a certain type - http://www.qcad.org/bugtracker/index.ph ... ask_id=889
4
27%
 
Total votes : 15

Seasonal Feature Request voting Poll

Postby Clive » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:47 am

Please vote for this years 'Seasonal' feature request to be implemented from the 4 options.
The winning feature will be implemented hopefully before/after Christmas time 8)
The voting will close on November 30th
Regards
Clive
User avatar
Clive
Moderator
 
Posts: 976
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:28 pm
Location: UK

Re: Seasonal Feature Request voting Poll

Postby olly » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:01 pm

I see head on head all have 3 votes ?
olly
Active Member
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: Seasonal Feature Request voting Poll

Postby Clive » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:13 pm

olly wrote:I see head on head all have 3 votes ?

Yes correct - on the bugtracker they do... this forum poll will be interesting to see which of the feature requests are deemed as top priority by users :wink:
Regards
Clive
User avatar
Clive
Moderator
 
Posts: 976
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:28 pm
Location: UK

Re: Seasonal Feature Request voting Poll

Postby FJ01 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:48 pm

Bonjour,

Je vote pour solution 2 Hierachical Layers.

Merci
FJ01
Newbie Member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:29 am

Re: Seasonal Feature Request voting Poll

Postby Clive » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:29 am

Calling all voters...don't forget to cast your vote :wink:

So far it seems the 'Hierarchical Layers' request is the front runner, but it could all change, voting ends 30th November.
Regards
Clive
User avatar
Clive
Moderator
 
Posts: 976
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:28 pm
Location: UK

Re: Seasonal Feature Request voting Poll

Postby andrew » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:06 pm

The hierarchical layer list made it into QCAD 3.4.3 which was released today (still experimental, it has to be enabled in Application Preferences > Widgets > Layer List).

This new layer list also shows the color of the layers (third poll option). So these two items are off the list :)

The entity type selection filter will likely make it into one of the next releases. I'm still not quite sure about the best user interface for that...

Well, thanks for the votes! I think the required forum registration probably stood in the way of receiving more votes... I'm not sure if this can be more open. I think it would make sense to have regular votes about new features.
User avatar
andrew
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2755
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:07 am

Re: Seasonal Feature Request voting Poll

Postby Clive » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:01 am

andrew wrote:The hierarchical layer list made it into QCAD 3.4.3 which was released today (still experimental, it has to be enabled in Application Preferences > Widgets > Layer List).
This new layer list also shows the color of the layers (third poll option). So these two items are off the list :)


@Andrew, it seems there are no flies on you. What a result in such a short space of time - outstanding 8).

andrew wrote:The entity type selection filter will likely make it into one of the next releases. I'm still not quite sure about the best user interface for that...

Looking forward to it, maybe this will be our Christmas gift :lol: .

andrew wrote:Well, thanks for the votes! I think the required forum registration probably stood in the way of receiving more votes... I'm not sure if this can be more open.

I have closed this vote early as you have already preempted the result here and have implemented the 'Hierarchical' layer list , albeit in beta mode :wink:
I'll take a look at the voting options for allowing non-registered forum users to vote for future polls and maybe shorten the poll length for the next vote.

andrew wrote:I think it would make sense to have regular votes about new features.


No problem with this, if you're okay with this then I'm sure the rest of us will be. In some ways I guess it helps to steer QCAD in a direction that is pleasing to all of us. Obviously you know what makes practical/developmental sense to you when to implement new features for QCAD so it would make sense that appropriate feature requests are first listed here on the forum and then we can decide which top 4 are shorlisted to make the final voting poll - what do you think?
Regards
Clive
User avatar
Clive
Moderator
 
Posts: 976
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:28 pm
Location: UK

Re: Seasonal Feature Request voting Poll

Postby Husky » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:55 pm

clive wrote:
andrew wrote:I think it would make sense to have regular votes about new features.

No problem with this, if you're okay with this then I'm sure the rest of us will be. In some ways I guess it helps to steer QCAD in a direction that is pleasing to all of us. Obviously you know what makes practical/developmental sense to you when to implement new features for QCAD so it would make sense that appropriate feature requests are first listed here on the forum and then we can decide which top 4 are shorlisted to make the final voting poll - what do you think?


To get it started ... :wink:
How about:
http://www.ribbonsoft.com/bugtracker/in ... ask_id=388

e_surprised e_surprised e_surprised 8)
User avatar
Husky
Moderator
 
Posts: 714
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 9:25 am
Location: USA

Re: Seasonal Feature Request voting Poll

Postby Husky » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:39 pm

User avatar
Husky
Moderator
 
Posts: 714
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 9:25 am
Location: USA

Re: Seasonal Feature Request voting Poll

Postby Husky » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:50 pm

User avatar
Husky
Moderator
 
Posts: 714
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 9:25 am
Location: USA

Re: Seasonal Feature Request voting Poll

Postby Husky » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:52 pm

User avatar
Husky
Moderator
 
Posts: 714
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 9:25 am
Location: USA

Re: Seasonal Feature Request voting Poll

Postby Husky » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:53 pm

User avatar
Husky
Moderator
 
Posts: 714
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 9:25 am
Location: USA

Re: Seasonal Feature Request voting Poll

Postby Husky » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:54 pm

User avatar
Husky
Moderator
 
Posts: 714
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 9:25 am
Location: USA

Re: Seasonal Feature Request voting Poll

Postby Husky » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:56 pm

User avatar
Husky
Moderator
 
Posts: 714
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 9:25 am
Location: USA

Re: Seasonal Feature Request voting Poll

Postby Husky » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:57 pm

User avatar
Husky
Moderator
 
Posts: 714
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 9:25 am
Location: USA

Next

Return to QCAD 3 Suggestions and Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests