jthornton wrote:I'm guessing that because the CAM is an add on you can't interact with the drawing as you configure your profile?
Interaction is certainly possible for CAM tools in the same way as other QCAD tools interact with a drawing. I can for example imagine a tool 'CAM' - 'Define Path':
- Click first entity of path
- Click start point (start, end or middle of the first entity)
- Choose ramp on / ramp off options in options tool bar (circular or straight or none for both)
- Click side of contour for radius compensation or on start point for no compensation (with circle as tool preview)
- Click first entity of next path...
The entities of that contour would then get tagged accordingly for the machine configuration file to interpret these tags by for example adding a ramp on / a ramp off, G41,G42,G40, etc.
How does that sound?