Can't open my drawing in 3.4.0 ...

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Can't open my drawing in 3.4.0 ...

Post by Husky » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:49 pm

Hello everybody,

just installed 3.4.0 on XP32 - tried to open a drawing recently created in 3.3.4 and get this alert:
Husky-2013.10.23-01.png
Husky-2013.10.23-01.png (8.17 KiB) Viewed 5412 times
Still no problems to open it in 3.3.4 - but in 3.4.0 no way and I have to terminate QCAD with the Windows Task-manager.

What can I do?

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Can't open my drawing in 3.4.0 ...

Post by andrew » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:02 pm

Thanks for the report.

Can you try to switch off the application preference to show warnings as dialogs:
Edit - Application Preferences - Widgets - Command Line - [ ] Show warnings as dialog (make sure that option is NOT checked).

This option might cause problems with warnings produced when drawings are loaded since you might have to click away a lot of dialogs. I'll look into options to fix this problem for the next release.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:17 am

andrew wrote:This option might cause problems with warnings produced when drawings are loaded since you might have to click away a lot of dialogs.
Thanks Andrew for this workaround - it works!
I found 49 identical warning in the command line after I opened the drawing. But then ...................... I was able to work on the drawing! :D

hungerburg
Premier Member

Post by hungerburg » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:18 pm

Two solutions come to mind: 1) A checkbox to supress further popups for the active action 2) repetitions aware journal - Unix syslog does like this, eg sometimes it logs: "Last message repeated 25 times".

Simplest way was to just remember the last message and only show the current one, if different from the last one. Probably increment a counter for each occurence. This may still swamp the user though if eg. two different messages alternate.

Another way, store any messages into an object with a counter and only ever show the popup with a liste of messages in the end of an action.

Just my 2¢, of course.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”