Generate automaticall Legend at PrintOuts

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

rrauch
Newbie Member

Generate automaticall Legend at PrintOuts

Post by rrauch » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:56 pm

Hello,

I have a suggestion for improvement of QCAD. I assume, the functionality is quite simple to implement, but maybe could have benefit to a lot of users.

On printouts I would need a legend, which contains important information about the drawing like:

- Company
- Author
- Review
- Date
- Time
- Title
- Subtitle
- # Page and total number of pages

Right now I have only example from PCB Schematics, but the idea is the same:

Further you see in the example another thing: A paper margin drawing, which is counting sectors. This is very useful, if you send you print outs to any other person. When discussing the drawings, you could say e.g. "...look at section A-3, there is the part, which I am talking about..." I do not know, if such thing is common for CAD, I know it only from PCB design
Attachments
Legend.png
Example
Legend.png (34.1 KiB) Viewed 10437 times

Clive

Re: Generate automaticall Legend at PrintOuts

Post by Clive » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:02 pm

There are a number of Templates submitted here on the forum:
viewforum.php?f=51

You can also create a new drawing from an existing template from directly within QCAD (Main Menu > File > Create Drawing from Template), is this what you meant here?
Create New Drawing from Template.png
Create New Drawing from Template.png (31.7 KiB) Viewed 10316 times
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

rrauch
Newbie Member

Post by rrauch » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:34 pm

oh yes, this is 90%, what I was searching for!

sorry because of such stupid newbie questions!!!

the only thing, I miss, if this fields in the legend are automatically filled from drawing properties: Number of pages, current page, Filename, Author....
Assume, when I have a huge set of drawings, maybe 20 pages... and in a new version, I add a page. do I need to edit all pages to change the displayed total number of pages?

Clive

Post by Clive » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:07 pm

I'm glad we are getting there now :D maybe as mentioned before the Block Attributes options would come in handy now, you can update blocks to show the new differences.
Take a look here at 'Huskys' video, explaining exactly what you are looking for 8).
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=2498
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:07 am

Hi everybody!
rrauch wrote:Assume, when I have a huge set of drawings, maybe 20 pages... and in a new version, I add a page. do I need to edit all pages to change the displayed total number of pages?
Yes .... estimated time to do that .... around 5 seconds! :wink:

The solution could be:
- define the actual page number as a "Block attribute",
- define the "number of pages" as an ordinary text (same font, same size etc etc as the page number) maybe something like "/1",
Husky-2013.11.19-02.png
Husky-2013.11.19-02.png (19.62 KiB) Viewed 10401 times
Now you can maintain all page numbers within the Block attribute management (Property editor),
If you have to change the total Page number in the end of the project - like 20 instead of 1 - you have just to use the QCad tool "Find/replace (Ctrl+F)",

Search for: /1
Replace with: /20
Husky-2013.11.19-03.png
Husky-2013.11.19-03.png (9.88 KiB) Viewed 10401 times
... done! :wink:

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”