Suggestion - show all unclosed loops

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Clive

Suggestion - show all unclosed loops

Post by Clive » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:53 pm

when using the hatch tool, firstly we need to select a 'closed contour' or a boundary, once selected QCAD dynamically shows us any loops that are not closed.However only one loop is shown at a time. It would be good if QCAD could show all loops that are not closed in one go or maybe some additional options could be added...

What do others think?

@andrew is this possible to do

Screenshot showing only one unclosed loop showing in my test.
Loop not closed query.png
Loop not closed query.png (7.88 KiB) Viewed 5582 times
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

J-J

Re: Suggestion - show all unclosed loops

Post by J-J » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:42 pm

Yes, I see your point. When you have several unclosed areas, they only show one by one after closing the offending one. No priority, but sure would be more efficient.
JJ Win7 pro-64

Clive

Re: Suggestion - show all unclosed loops

Post by Clive » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:23 pm

An additional suggestion to this problem - to 'Zoom' to a particular 'loop not Closed' coordinate position.
It would be time saving to have this option in the View tools to zoom to a particular coordinate 8) . Then I could copy a 'loop not Closed' coordinate location from the command line and paste it into a field and hey presto zoom straight to this location, oh I hope this makes sense here what I'm trying to explain :roll:
This would sure save a lot of time especially when I have a lot of entities in my drawing!
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”