Printing - Multiple page question

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Clive

Printing - Multiple page question

Post by Clive » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:30 pm

Is there a way to set up multiple pages in the print set up in QCAD...but have them separate pages ?

I am often rearranging things in the print preview ready for laser cutting and to have an option to have more than one separate page at the same or different size - available would for me be a
godsend 8) .

If there is no way of currently doing this in QCAD could a script be written for this or better still to have this implemented in the next or future release of QCAD ?

In my photo you can see that if I had another separate page available I could arrange and set up both my pages at one go.
Multi page query.png
Multi page query.png (8.72 KiB) Viewed 10795 times
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Printing - Multiple page question

Post by andrew » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:42 pm

Is there a particular reason not to simply add a page using the multipage settings? Or what exactly do you mean by 'separate' page?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-01-29 at 14.40.25.png
Screen Shot 2014-01-29 at 14.40.25.png (228.38 KiB) Viewed 10891 times

Clive

Post by Clive » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:49 pm

Yes, the reason is that if you add more columns or rows you still have the whole 'connected' pages when dragging about !- what I mean is to have the option to have two or more single pages in the print preview to work with, so that I can drag any one of them individually about...and because I work with differing sizes of medium it would be great to be able to set up more than one individual 'single' page to work with.
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:59 pm

OK. No, that is not possible. It's actually what is usually called 'paper space' in CAD. QCAD does not support paper spaces at this point, but there is an existing feature request at:
http://www.qcad.org/bugtracker/index.ph ... &project=1

Clive

Post by Clive » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:02 pm

Yes paper space, okay thanks for the time on this, hopefully the feature request will get a thousand votes soon . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Justin
Registered Member

Post by Justin » Sat May 31, 2014 10:10 am

Ok so I guess I don't know how to get to the multipage settings like I see it your SC. I don't know how to ad a page with the columns thing you've got there. I would like the item that i have made to print at 1:1 so that I can use it as a template but I can't seem to get it to print more than one page at a time...
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (154.75 KiB) Viewed 10453 times

Clive

Post by Clive » Sat May 31, 2014 12:21 pm

Hello Justin and welcome to the forum.
Printing multiple pages is only available in the pro version!

Justin
Registered Member

Post by Justin » Sat May 31, 2014 7:56 pm

Ok good to know thanks!!!

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”