Size of various point display modes ...

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Size of various point display modes ...

Post by Husky » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:53 am

QCAD 3.4.7 - I need help to understand this new various point display feature.

Ok - I'm able to set my Point display choice within the Drawing preferences dialog.

Question one: If I decide to use the Mode 0 with the size 50 - what means size 50? (it doesn't change the displayed size at all ... ) :shock:

Question two: If I decide to use the Mode 65 with the size 50 it will actually display the point bigger but it isn't 50 pixel. It looks like always ~20% less than the chosen value.
What I'm doing wrong?
Husky-2014.04.12-01.png
Husky-2014.04.12-01.png (40.9 KiB) Viewed 11493 times
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

olly

Re: Size of various point display modes ...

Post by olly » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:01 am

must be a bug - OSX 10.9.2 the points have no thickness, I can't see them but they are selectable!

selecting one and doing a ZOOM SELECTION will hang QCad

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:32 am

olly: Thanks for your report. Zoom to selection is a separate issue, unrelated to point display modes:
http://www.qcad.org/bugtracker/index.ph ... sk_id=1041

Clive

Post by Clive » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:53 am

Yes I also confirm Husky's findings with the pixel size issue.

But ... I also want to say a big thank you to Robert S for spending the time and creating these additional Point styles. For me personally I use points a lot when drawing in QCAD, I use them for construction reference and have been wanting some additional point styles for some time now, what Robert s has provided is more than I would have expected and am I very grateful for this :D .
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

J-J

Post by J-J » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:05 am

If I try to set a mode and size in Application preferences, it has not effect on the displayed point, I only get it via Drawing preferences... e_confused
JJ Win7 pro-64

Clive

Post by Clive » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:54 am

Hi J-J
Yes I have noticed the same thing, I will only use these point style options individually per drawing anyway, so for me its no big deal, but you are right to point it out (excuse the 'point' pun), I guess a few tweaks are needed here and there.
I suppose we should raise a couple of bug reports for these things!
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

riverbuoy

Post by riverbuoy » Sun May 18, 2014 5:12 pm

Hi everyone,

Point display size:
A value of zero sets the point display to 20% of the viewport height (in pixels).
A negative value sets the size to a percentage of the vieweport height (in pixels). So -25 will set the size to 25% of the viewport height.
A positive value will set the size to the value in pixels. So 25 sets the size to 25 pixels, irrespective of the viewport height.

Only the two shapes (the plus and the X) use the full size. The circle, square and vertical bar are scaled to 80% of the full size. This is because the plus and X extend beyond the circle and square.

The size hasa no effect on modes 0 and 1.

Each drawing has it's own point display settings, therefore setting the Application preferences only applies to new drawings, and not to the current drawing, which is why you need to use Drawing preference to alter the current drawing.

Hope this explains what is happening.

Robert S.

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”