[RESOLVED] Add components from library bug ?

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

cfdev
Newbie Member

[RESOLVED] Add components from library bug ?

Post by cfdev » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:47 am

Hi,

I have create some components and add them to an library, this is very simple, great work !
but when I try to insert them from library explorer... I can place some components but not all... why ?

In this example, I can't insert tIhe Interrupteur_double.dxf and PC_2P+T.dxf ????

here my components:
http://download.frausti.fr/Bibliotheque_dxf/

Thanks
Last edited by cfdev on Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cfdev
Newbie Member

Re: Add components from library bug ?

Post by cfdev » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:41 pm

Opps sorry:
Version of Qcad 3.4.7 trial version (I hope to buy, if I can make electrical diagrams Architecturals)

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:11 pm

cfdev wrote:In this example, I can't insert tIhe Interrupteur_double.dxf and PC_2P+T.dxf ????
Hi,

you are working with invisible or locked layer? That could be one reason.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:15 pm

cfdev: I can work with both parts just fine here. Can you insert these parts in a new, empty drawing? Perhaps a problem with your drawing file (PLAN_MAISON_.....)?

I've also noticed that you've arranged the toolbars in an unfortunate way. You cannot see all the options of the insertion tool:
1398246261.png
1398246261.png (40.35 KiB) Viewed 14300 times
There are more tool options available:
Screen Shot 2014-04-23 at 22.10.05.png
Screen Shot 2014-04-23 at 22.10.05.png (36.45 KiB) Viewed 14300 times
Note that for example setting the scale to a very small value or 0 might cause problems.

Another thing that comes to mind is the drawing unit. If your plan is in Meters and the part you insert is only 2 Millimeters wide (e.g. Interrupteur_double.dxf), it might simply end up being too small to be visible.

Finally, some of your items (e.g. "Lampe.dxf") contain a single block reference to a block called "Lampe". QCAD automatically creates a block with the same name as the file name ("Lampe") when inserting library items, thereby creating a recursive block (block "Lampe" contains a reference to "Lampe" = itself).
Part library items should contain plain entities. I.e. explode the block reference in Lampe.dxf and delete the block definition. Part library items should not contain any block references with the same name as the drawing file.

cfdev
Newbie Member

Post by cfdev » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:10 am

cfdev: I can work with both parts just fine here. Can you insert these parts in a new, empty drawing? Perhaps a problem with your drawing file (PLAN_MAISON_.....)?
Idem on new drawing.

Ok for toolbar.
Another thing that comes to mind is the drawing unit. If your plan is in Meters and the part you insert is only 2 Millimeters wide (e.g. Interrupteur_double.dxf), it might simply end up being too small to be visible.
my drawing are in centimeter to make 1cm = 1m, Ok if all components can't insert into drawing but I'm able to insert some components.
Finally, some of your items (e.g. "Lampe.dxf") contain a single block reference to a block called "Lampe". QCAD automatically creates a block with the same name as the file name ("Lampe") when inserting library items, thereby creating a recursive block (block "Lampe" contains a reference to "Lampe" = itself).
Part library items should contain plain entities. I.e. explode the block reference in Lampe.dxf and delete the block definition. Part library items should not contain any block references with the same name as the drawing file.
Ok I remove All blocks in my libraries.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:22 pm

I've downloaded all your parts and your drawing and the only two problems I can see are:
- Use of blocks in some items. Can be fixed by exploding the blocks.
- The file name "PC_2P+T.dxf" seems to cause problems. You can fix this by renaming the file to "PC_2P_T.dxf". I will look into that problem. [Edit: the problem here is that your drawing already contains a clock called 'PC_2P+T' which is empty. To overwrite this block, enable the tool option 'Overwrite blocks'].

On a side note: drawing in CAD are almost exclusively created in real size (1:1). That would mean to change the unit to meters in your case. A scale factor (e.g. 1:100) can then be applied when printing or exporting to PDF.

cfdev
Newbie Member

Post by cfdev » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:12 pm

I've downloaded all your parts and your drawing and the only two problems I can see are:
- Use of blocks in some items. Can be fixed by exploding the blocks.
- The file name "PC_2P+T.dxf" seems to cause problems. You can fix this by renaming the file to "PC_2P_T.dxf". I will look into that problem. [Edit: the problem here is that your drawing already contains a clock called 'PC_2P+T' which is empty. To overwrite this block, enable the tool option 'Overwrite blocks'].
Ok I fixe it
On a side note: drawing in CAD are almost exclusively created in real size (1:1). That would mean to change the unit to meters in your case. A scale factor (e.g. 1:100) can then be applied when printing or exporting to PDF.
Ok

Second question, why I have this warning on save my drawing ?

Clive

Post by Clive » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:41 am

cfdev wrote:Second question, why I have this warning on save my drawing ?
This shouldn't be too much to worry about, it is suggesting that you save the file to the latest revision - R27 (2013), it would be good practice to do this.
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

cfdev
Newbie Member

Post by cfdev » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:40 pm

This shouldn't be too much to worry about, it is suggesting that you save the file to the latest revision - R27 (2013), it would be good practice to do this.
humm Ok, if I don't saving the drawing on another file, Qcad doesn't change the original drawing.
now I saved it, on version 02.dxf and it's ok.

Many thx

Clive

Re: [RESOLVED] Add components from library bug ?

Post by Clive » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:00 pm

You can of course save to 2000 dxf if you want to, it all depends on whether you share a file with someone else - if they use the latest format (R27) then it makes sense for you too to use it!

File formats are updated to introduce new features and general optimizations, like most things ... for example, next years new car model will have new features added to hopefully enhance it and make it better, the same with file formats.
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

dilasso

Post by dilasso » Wed May 07, 2014 8:32 am

Hi, i have a similar problem. Library elements are inserted very small.
andrew wrote:
My drawing unit is meter as i planning gardens. The plants i use from the library seem to be in mm, which actually makes no sense, but however, it is like this!
I tried to use a scale factor 1000 when inserting them. But the result was not satisfying.
What am i doing wrong?

Thanx for your help
Roland

Clive

Post by Clive » Wed May 07, 2014 8:55 am

dilasso wrote:I tried to use a scale factor 1000 when inserting them. But the result was not satisfying.
Hi Roland
When inserting your items type a scale of 1/1000 if working in meters, this should then work.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”