Saving a bloc in library

If you are having problems with QCAD version 3, post here. Please report bugs here.

Moderator: andrew

Saving a bloc in library

Postby J-J » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:36 pm

It is not possible to save a drawing in the library to make blocs for future usage as we did in 2.2.2.0 Is that feature reserved for final release?
Also, I have yet not found in QCAD3 the same convenient method existing in ver 2, to insert blocs from the library. The only option available is "open in file browser"...
system: Win7, 64 bits
J-J

Re: Saving a bloc in library

Postby andrew » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:43 am

J-J wrote:Also, I have yet not found in QCAD3 the same convenient method existing in ver 2, to insert blocs from the library. The only option available is "open in file browser"...

Drag the desired symbol from the library browser into the QCAD 3 drawing area to insert it as a block.

There is no insert button anymore for technical reasons: QCAD 3 and the QCAD 3 Library Browser are two separate applications and drag and drop is a convenient way to transfer data between two applications.
andrew
Site Admin

Win7 and block save

Postby J-J » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:38 am

OK, thank for your answers, I'm not quite used to all the restrictions built in Win7, the permission change did the trick.
I had figured the drag-drop feature from the file browser, what would have been more convenient is having the blocks show directly in the library window when you develop the tree, rather than having to have to open Explorer.
J-J

Return to QCAD 3 Troubleshooting and Problems