Free dxf Mechanical Symbols Libraries

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in the QCAD Community Edition.

Moderator: andrew

Alexvader
Registered Member

Free dxf Mechanical Symbols Libraries

Post by Alexvader » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:43 pm

Hi Forum

I am a new user of QCad, although i am an experienced user of several major CAD/CAM/CAE commercial and open source applications, like BRLCAD, Salome Platform, Calculix, Code Aster, and SolidWorks, Inventor, AutoCAD, CATIA, ProE and Siemens PLM

I have used Salome platform to build 3d digital mockups of mechanical assemblies which I export as *step.

This allows third party users to see them in most CAD packages, and/or use them in analysis codes after meshing them and applying boundary conditions/loads.

I wish to know how can i place a folder containing symbols about several ISO standards such as surface finishing, welding, tolerances, etc in my /usr/share/qcad/libraries.

My question is not "HOW" i can do this, but whare can I find such libraries ( free ) to use them in my production dawings.

I tried to use some very complete libraries of an Intellicad product, which cannot be used in QCad, they are in dwp format...

Can someone please pont me a site where to download these symbols templates in dxf, or till which version of AutoCAD will QCad still open dxf files...?

Best regards

Alex

Return to “QCAD Community 'How Do I' Questions”