Print to file and Export PNG render problems.

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in the QCAD Community Edition.

Moderator: andrew

bkkbuilder
Newbie Member

Print to file and Export PNG render problems.

Post by bkkbuilder » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:51 am

I've been trying to get what I drew printed out but I'm having a lot of trouble still.

The PNG render won't output what is shown on the page preview. It outputs the same drawing but placed off center and not the correct size in the PNG image.

Then I tried outputing using the "Print to PS file" option. It outputs bad postscript though. My drawing has lines jumping across between various objects. They seem to be related to rectangle drawing direction (clockwise/counterclockwise) but I'm not sure about that. I want to attach a PS file here but don't seem to be able. My drawing looks normal except from the windows located around the perimeter walls I get long lines jumping from window edge to edge across the interior of my home plan. Something must be output incorrectly and this makes this output method broken for me.

So my best option seems to be PNG output but then cropping and repositioning the final image.

Clive

Re: Print to file and Export PNG render problems.

Post by Clive » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:58 am

I don`t use the CE version, so I`m not totally sure what your printing options are here - but my question to you is - if you use use a 'free' pdf printer, would you not be able to use this to print to, via the printing options? This may give you better results!

Return to “QCAD Community 'How Do I' Questions”