How Do I Turn Off/Re-Time Autosave?

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in the QCAD Community Edition.

Moderator: andrew

gazza_11
Registered Member

How Do I Turn Off/Re-Time Autosave?

Post by gazza_11 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:56 am

Hi

How do I stop QCAD from auto-saving, as it does this very frequently, and each time takes around seven seconds, so is very annoying? Also, if I did decide I needed it, how would I set the autosave interval? (I'd rather 'manually' save my work when I see fit; depending on how developed my drawings have become since the last save.)

Thanks.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: How Do I Turn Off/Re-Time Autosave?

Post by andrew » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:45 am

I've moved your topic to the QCAD 3 forum, since the QCAD 2 community edition does not have auto save at all, so I am assuming that you are using QCAD 3.

You can configure autosave behavior in the application preferences:

Linux / Windows:
Edit - Application Preferences - Load/Save - Autosave

gazza_11
Registered Member

Post by gazza_11 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:09 pm

Hi

I am really confused, here.

When I go to 'Help' -> 'About QCAD', it shows the following (exact quote):

QCAD
Version: 2.0.5.0-Free-1 [Community Edition]
Date: Nov 21 2010
(c) 2001-2005 by RibbonSoft.
Andrew Mustun
Modules: None
http://www.ribbonsoft.com
(c) 2009 Jani Frilander

Yet, it autosaves, and I have looked high and low (including going to 'Edit' -> 'Application Preferences', and 'Edit' -> 'Drawing Preferences') and I cannot find anything to do with auto-saving.

Not knowing any better, I can only assume that my version of QCAD has been compiled from source with the autosaving feature built in but without any way for the end user to alter it. I am running QCAD under Ubuntu 11.04 (Linux) and got it from the included official software repositories.

Please help.

Thanks.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:32 pm

You're right. That line in your about dialog: "2009 Jani Frilander" tells me that someone has indeed made modifications to the source code from which your version of the QCAD Community Edition was compiled. Unfortunately, this makes it impossible for me to assist - this is a custom, unsupported version of QCAD.

Return to “QCAD Community 'How Do I' Questions”