Centreline Cross

This forum is for 'Work-in-Progress' QCAD user developed script Add Ons and Plug-ins.

Please use this forum to request/submit your script Add-Ons & Plug-in idea's.

Moderators: andrew, Husky, J-J

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Centreline Cross

Post by Husky » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:59 am

Hi riverbuoy,

thanks for looking into this too.

After you mentioned the CE version I compared it by myself to see how it behaves on my system. Yep - looks like it happens only in Pro.
Thank you for helping us to encircled the issue.

Regards
Husky
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Husky

Post by Husky » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:07 am

Hi J-J,
J-J wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:35 pm
Hi Husky,
I also posted on that unpredictable behavior in the past year, glad I'm not the only one noticing it.
Somehow I missed your post from last year. Now I know there was no need to open a new Post .... :wink:
J-J wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:35 pm
I quite like that little tool and it bothers me when it stops working!
Yep - I second that to 100%
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

riverbuoy

Post by riverbuoy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:18 pm

Hi Husky and J-J,

After looking into this I think I have found a solution. I looked into the shop and saw a message saying that they are currently on holiday until the 16th of August, so I thought I would post this temporarily. This fix works with Husky's example of two circles and a rectangle, but I don't know if it works in all situations that might cause this to fail. This would be a good opportunity to test it.
To test this you need to extract the files in the attached file ('Cross.zip'), into a directory called '/scripts/Misc/MiscDraw/Cross'. You will notice that under the 'scripts' directory there is currently only the 'Misc' directory, so in 'Misc' you need to create the 'MiscDraw' directory, and under that create the 'Cross' directory. In directory 'Cross', extract the files from the attached file 'Cross.zip'. These files override the files in the 'libqcadscripts' plugin. Hopefully 'Centreline Cross' should now work correctly.

Perhaps you could let me know how you get on. Thanks.

Regards

riverbuoy
Attachments
Cross.zip
(19.37 KiB) Downloaded 742 times

Husky

Post by Husky » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:50 pm

Hi riverbuoy - thank you very much to looking into this!

I installed your patch and tested it within my example case. Till now it works flawless - very NICE! I'll see what happens with different scenarios and if I recognize a problem I'll post it here.

Have a nice weekend!

Return to “QCAD 'Script Add-On & Plug-in challenge' - Work in Progress”