Line2PEx - An improved line command?

This forum is for 'Work-in-Progress' QCAD user developed script Add Ons and Plug-ins.

Please use this forum to request/submit your script Add-Ons & Plug-in idea's.

Moderators: andrew, Husky, J-J

Clive

Re: Line2PEx - An improved line command?

Post by Clive » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:19 pm

Hi riverbuoy
Very nice work here :wink: , been trying this out and its very useful for the feedback. As regards the F8 toggle option, how about adding an additional button for this with options?
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

riverbuoy

Post by riverbuoy » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:04 pm

Hi all.

When testing this, I realised that pressing F8 changes the display whether or not QCAD is waiting for a coordinate. For example, the 'trim' command expects the user to select entities, so the coordinates aren't shown. But pressing F8 still changes the display. So I have changed this so that it only changes when QCAD is expecting a coordinate.
Only one file is changed - 'DisplayDistanceAngle.js', which I have attached. Replace the existing file - '/scripts/View/DisplayDistanceAngle/DisplayDistanceAngle.js'.
Clive wrote:As regards the F8 toggle option, how about adding an additional button for this with options?
I regard this more as a simple feature rather than a full blown command. So, at the moment, I have no plans to add a command button.

riverbuoy
Attachments
DisplayDistanceAngle.js
(1.29 KiB) Downloaded 863 times

Clive

Post by Clive » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:22 am

riverbuoy wrote:I regard this more as a simple feature rather than a full blown command. So, at the moment, I have no plans to add a command button.
No problem, thanks for all your input.
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

riverbuoy

Post by riverbuoy » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:10 pm

Hi,
andrew wrote:OK. Eventually, that first key for tools in the options tool bar could even be configurable to some extent.
I have now added this option to 'Edit->Application Preferences->Widgets->Toolbars'. The option allows one character to be used as the first key. The input box cannot be empty, therefore to change the character, highlight the current character (use left arrow key, home key or mouse), and then type the character you wish to use. (If you change this while in the line command, for example, the change won't take effect until you exit the line command and then restart it.). The input box will not accept a space character, a plus(+) or a minus(-) character as these are currently one key shortcuts.
This involved changes to 3 files, which I have attached. These are 'EAction.js' which is in the '/scripts' directory. The other two files, 'ToolbarPreferences.js' and 'PreferencesPage.ui' are both in the '/scripts/Edit/AppPreferences/ToolbarPreferences' directory. Replace these files.
Phew, is the line command now complete?

riverbuoy
Attachments
PreferencesPage.ui
(3.98 KiB) Downloaded 860 times
ToolBarPreferences.js
(1.76 KiB) Downloaded 840 times
EAction.js
(44.48 KiB) Downloaded 864 times

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:07 pm

Thanks Robert. I've pushed these changes to the current master branch:
https://github.com/qcad/qcad

I've made some changes to the preference page layout and added the current shortcut to the tool tip of the tool buttons (e.g. "Close Sequence .C").

Return to “QCAD 'Script Add-On & Plug-in challenge' - Work in Progress”