QCad dxf to Visio 2002?

Do you have a question you want to ask an existing QCAD user about QCAD and what you can do with it? Do you want to know if a particular feature exists? This is the place to ask.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

TheEnglishPatient

QCad dxf to Visio 2002?

Post by TheEnglishPatient » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:09 pm

Before purchasing QCad I need assurance that your dxf files are importable into Visio 2002: I have been playing around with the community edition, but visio 2002 imports according to microsoft only the 'view' saved in the dxf - so it ssems that whatever I do I'll get only the bottom left A4 part of the dxf file. I can find no way to change this behaviour in QCad, but maybe the pay version can do it... I may also be plain stupid of course...

Thanks.

Clive

Re: QCad dxf to Visio 2002?

Post by Clive » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:54 pm

TheEnglishPatient wrote:Before purchasing QCad I need assurance that your dxf files are importable into Visio 2002: I have been playing around with the community edition, but visio 2002 imports according to microsoft only the 'view' saved in the dxf - so it ssems that whatever I do I'll get only the bottom left A4 part of the dxf file. I can find no way to change this behaviour in QCad, but maybe the pay version can do it... I may also be plain stupid of course...

Thanks.
Hi there

Not sure about Visio 2002 but in the Pro versions there is a tool in the print preview- "Move paper Position", so you can positon your paper view where you like and print off this view.

You could download the trial and check it out!

http://www.qcad.org/qcad_downloads.html

Hope this helps

TheEnglishPatient

Post by TheEnglishPatient » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:01 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, I agree that would be immenently logical, but unfortunately makes no difference. My suspicion is that despite what is claimed by the great Bill, Visio ignores everything regarding views and scale at least in its 2002 incarnation, and as it knows no world(model)space anyway I suspect it just uses the worldspace coordinates straight from the can as paperspace. (I would be even willing to fiddle around manually in the dxf file to fool visio into doing the correct thing, but I don't really know which parameters to set - Any experts out there?)

Return to “Pre-sales Questions”