hatching and fills

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD Professional.

Moderator: andrew

Jeschu
Registered Member

hatching and fills

Post by Jeschu » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:48 pm

I would very much apreciate if you could review your hatching in two points:

1) Organize definition by selection of areas
selecting a shape by clicking into it is much easier than finding a path. You could automatically find contour of the shape around it.
Multiple areas could be added by ctrl-clicking.

2) Hashes are no usual lines
Please exempt intersection points with hashes

best wishes.

klavs

Hatches working with intersections

Post by klavs » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:43 pm

Currently I have to trim all lines at intersections of the "block" I want to fill with a pattern :(

This is very time consuming - since I need to redraw the lines afterwards.

It would be a very nice (and time saving feature) if the hatch tool, could find the "block" within the selected entities, by finding the intersections - instead of needing them to be joined with endpoints.

Often the divide tool works - but some lines it simply won't divide (and I don't understand why) - so I have to trim and redraw those.

I often end up with removing lines and drawing them again - to figure out why it won't fill/hatch the selected "block".. :(

I'll gladly beta-test :)

bluequad

Post by bluequad » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:58 pm

I find the simplest way is to create a new layer called fill and quickly go round all the perimeter areas needed to be filled. this way the fill can be turned on or off as required

bluequad

Post by bluequad » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:59 pm

I find the simplest way is to create a new layer called fill and quickly go round all the perimeter areas needed to be filled. this way the fill can be turned on or off as required

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Suggestions and Feedback”