QcadUserTheme

Discussion forum for C++ and script developers who are using the QCAD development platform or who are looking to contribute to QCAD (translations, documentation, etc).

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files, scripts and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

petevick
Premier Member

Re: QcadUserTheme

Post by petevick » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:50 am

MY EYES, MY EYES 8) excellent work though :mrgreen:
Pete Vickerstaff
Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon, Qcad Pro 3.29.4

John Hyslop
Premier Member

Post by John Hyslop » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:18 am

Hi Pete

I actually took the screenshot of version 3 but finished off in version 3.5..
Great tool by the way and now sooo easy to see what's going on :)

I'm sure it will get loads of attention now 8)

Cheers
John Hijklmnop
:lol:
IF IT IS TO BE IT IS UP TO ME [ Ten most powerful 2 letter words ]

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:01 am

@ John,
John Hyslop wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:18 am
I'm sure it will get loads of attention now 8)
Yes - I agree!

BTW ...
John Hyslop wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:18 am
Cheers
John Hijklmnop
:lol:
... your signature too :lol: :lol: :lol:

@ Pete
When I launch in Win10/64 your program a DOS windows pops up too. What for is that?

Husky-2021.04.26-06.png
Husky-2021.04.26-06.png (59.03 KiB) Viewed 14161 times
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

John Hyslop
Premier Member

Post by John Hyslop » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:06 am

Hi Husky
The signature was intentional lol..
It's the alphabet... abc~~~hijklmnop~vwxyz :lol:

Cheers
Me..

petevick
Premier Member

Post by petevick » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:18 am

Husky wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:01 am
@ Pete
When I launch in Win10/64 your program a DOS windows pops up too. What for is that?
Thanks for that Husky. I know why it's there, but I thought I'd adjusted the settings to remove it. I'll get on to it.

Thanks again for the heads up :wink:
Pete Vickerstaff

petevick
Premier Member

Post by petevick » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:30 am

Thanks to Husky for pointing out the mystery DOS type window that opens up in the Windows version, this update to version 3.5.1 fixes it.

QcadUserTheme v3.5.1 Win-32bit was downloaded 5 times
Last edited by petevick on Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pete Vickerstaff

petevick
Premier Member

Post by petevick » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:40 am

I'd like to thank member John Hyslop for all his testing of QcadUserTheme, It's a thankless job. I also want to thank him for ALL the nagging he gave me to get a preview working.

Cheques in the post Haggis :lol:
Pete Vickerstaff

petevick
Premier Member

Post by petevick » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:30 am

Sorry Windows users but I forgot to fix the background color on the preview tabs, the attached version 3.5.2 fixes it.

See below for new version 4.0, Linux and Windows

QcadUserTheme v3.5.2 Win-32bit.zip Downloaded 7 times
Last edited by petevick on Sun May 02, 2021 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pete Vickerstaff

petevick
Premier Member

Post by petevick » Sun May 02, 2021 9:22 am

QcadUserTheme, Version 4.0

This is the latest incarnation of QcadUserTheme, version 4.0 for Linux 32/64 bit, and all versions of Windows. There are a couple of new features and some bug fixes, all as listed below. I've also made a few cosmetic changes that you'll probably never even notice.

** New Features **
  • There are now four Copy/Paste colors. This enables you to copy all the colors from one button and paste to another without having to keep on changing the Copy color.
  • I've added an Undo button at the bottom left of the app window. This is a one step color change Undo.
** Bug Fixes **
  • Clicking on the 'x' or close/exit button at the top right had no effect, it now functions as if you'd clicked on the Exit button at the bottom right.
  • The check icons text on the Preview Miscellaneous tab didn't change color when the Base Text color was changed, now it does.
  • There was a 'Changes have been made' message that appeared when the Exit button was clicked even if no changes had been made. It no longer appears in that scenario.
  • If the user used a dark background widget color, the non specific Qcad text and group boxes in the preview area could not be easily seen. Now the non specific Qcad text and group boxes will change to a cream color when the background color becomes too dark for black text.
Screenshots of QcadUserTheme v4.0 in Linux and then Windows.
linux v4.0.png
linux v4.0.png (118.06 KiB) Viewed 13989 times
windows v4.0.png
windows v4.0.png (84.23 KiB) Viewed 13989 times
v4.0 Linux 64bit downloaded 23 times
v4.0 Linux 32bit downloaded 18 times
v4.0 Windows 32bit downloaded 20 times

New version, see here -->> viewtopic.php?f=30&t=8328&p=33764#p33764
Last edited by petevick on Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pete Vickerstaff

John Hyslop
Premier Member

Post by John Hyslop » Wed May 05, 2021 8:16 am

Hey All :lol:

1st I brought you "Bananas" now I bring you "The One & Only Watermelon Theme" :shock:
Well, it's all about having a bit of fun, sure beats working :wink:
Cheers
John
WaterMelon.zip
(33.29 KiB) Downloaded 564 times
WatermelonTheme.png
WatermelonTheme.png (532.26 KiB) Viewed 13896 times

petevick
Premier Member

Post by petevick » Tue May 25, 2021 11:40 am

Qcad User Theme version 5.0

A massive update of Qcad User Theme, this is version 5.0 for Linux 32/64 bit and and all Windows OS versions. Many new features (one is a biggy !!) and some bug fixes, all as listed below. I've also made more cosmetic changes that you'll probably never notice.

** New Features **
  • Multiple undo/redo added. Additional buttons added to the existing Undo button to support this feature - Undo All, Redo and Redo All with a maximum of 100 steps. Undo/Redo either by single steps or all steps at once. You can also right click on either the Undo All or Redo All buttons for a Clear Undo/Redo option. This resets the undo/redo buffers to zero.
  • There is now a Save As button. This allows you to save the current stylesheet to a new folder. The new folder is created in the same parent folder as the current stylesheet folder. If the default stylesheet is loaded (see next item), the new folder will be created in the application folder. The icon folder is also copied to the new folder.
  • A New File button has been added. This will load a very basic default stylesheet. This default will also load at startup if a stylesheet cannot be found, for whatever reason.
  • A new Check Icons drop down colour list has been added on the Miscellaneous tab>Check Icons. This allows the check and radio buttons colour to be changed. After a stylesheet is saved with this version, when it is reopened, the drop down list will reflect the icon colour when it was saved. The list also has colour swatches along side each item in the list. The drop down list will display the "Not saved" item when a stylesheet is loaded that was saved in a previous version. More check and radio button icon colours are now available to use with this feature. To support this new feature, a folder has been added to the application folder, it's called 'do-not-delete', it must not be deleted or renamed, doing so will bring down a whole world of hurt on you :lol: , seriously, don't delete it. Note, this feature is not added to undo/redo buffer.
  • The pop-up copy/paste menu now has colour swatches along side each paste item. Because of this, the colour swatches across the bottom of the app have been removed.
  • About button added so that I can give credit to those that deserve it.
  • Icons added to all the push buttons across the top and bottom of the app.
  • And the biggest feature add of all....drum roll...Auto Fill !!! this allows all of the colour buttons to the left of the app to be colourised based on the Base Widget background colour, the colours produced are dark and light shades of this base colour, this is known as a Monochromatic colour scheme. It by no means produces a perfect theme (well actually, sometimes it does !!), but it goes a long way towards it, considering that there are 52 colour buttons to go through manually. Once you have a theme that you're fairly happy with, you can then tweak any colours that that need it. You could even change the Base Widget background colour to blend with the colours created by Auto Fill.
** Bug Fixes **
  • Undo didn't work with the Gradient/Solid Fill radio buttons on the Push/Tool buttons tabs, it now works with both Undo and Redo.
  • Under certain circumstances, clicking on the 'x' or close/exit button at the top right of the app would instantly close the app even if changes were pending.
  • The path delimiter is now set as '/' for Linux and '\' for Windows.
Once again, a massive thank you to forum member John Hyslop, he's been testing, nagging and giving me countless suggestions right from the very beginnings of QUT, and yet we still get on (I think :roll:) and have a damn good laugh in the process. QUT would be nothing like it is now without his help and input, Thank you John.

Screenshots of QcadUserTheme v5.0 in Linux and then Windows.
linux v5.png
linux v5.png (107.3 KiB) Viewed 13473 times
windows v5.png
windows v5.png (86.88 KiB) Viewed 13473 times
v5.0 Linux 64bit downloaded 33 times
v5.0 Linux 32bit downloaded 30 times
v5.0 Windows 32bit downloaded 34 times

See below for new version v6.0
Last edited by petevick on Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pete Vickerstaff

petevick
Premier Member

Post by petevick » Wed May 26, 2021 8:00 am

and here is a gif showing the new Auto Fill feature in action. Thanks to John Hyslop for creating this :wink:
Auto Fill in Action.gif
Auto Fill in Action.gif (1.62 MiB) Viewed 13422 times
Pete Vickerstaff

petevick
Premier Member

Post by petevick » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:43 pm

Qcad User Theme update, version 6.0

Version 6.0 introduces major changes and a couple of bug fixes, all as listed below.

Many changes have been made to the code that you will obviously never see, but these changes equate to Qcad User Theme running more efficiently, and will also, hopefully, make it easier to use. The only visual changes is the addition of the Copy to Qcad button and disabled check icons in the Preview area.

** Additions and Changes **
  • A Copy to Qcad button has added. This enables you to copy the current stylesheet folder to the Qcad theme folder, or in fact any folder. Click on the button and a Select Folder dialogue is displayed, select the Qcad themes folder.
    In Linux the path will be something like /home/username/opt/qcad-3.26.3-pro-linux-qt5.14-x86_64/themes
    In Windows the path will probably be C:\Program Files\QCAD\themes
    The current stylesheet folder is then copied into Qcad's themes folder, allowing you to use this theme in Qcad. The current stylesheet doesn't change location. If the folder already exists in the themes folder, a dialogue box will ask if you want to overwrite or cancel.
    To use the Copy to Qcad in Windows you will need Admin rights or you can give admin rights to the app.
  • An asterisk is now displayed at the end of the filename field. This indicates that changes have been made to the stylesheet and that it should be saved to avoid the loss of those changes.
  • Pop-up message dialogues now display centrally in the main app window. This is a more common way to display them.
  • The number of pop-up message dialogues has been significantly reduced.
  • The way the stylesheet is handled internally has been changed making it quicker.
  • The New button has been renamed Reset, as this better describes its function.
  • Apart from the Undo/Redo buttons, there are now no disabled buttons at any time.
  • The whole of the Undo/Redo coding has been re-written making the function much quicker.
  • Any change to the check icon colour drop down list is now saved in the Undo/Redo buffer.
  • The Undo/Redo buffer has been increased from 100 to 210, this allows for four full AutoFill operations to be carried out and Undone.
  • Disabled check icons have been added to the Preview>Miscellaneous>Check Icons area
  • The check icon colour can now be changed at any time, even after a Reset.
  • The backup coding has been totally re-written. There is now just one backup made named stylesheet.bak, if the Backup file checkbox is checked, the backup is written each time you click Save. Any old backups named stylesheet(1..2..3).css will be automatically deleted.
** Bug Fixes **
  • After starting Qcad User Theme the main window now displays before any pop-up message dialogues.
  • The Combo box drop down list selection font was not being written to.
  • The icon was not displaying in the app title bar of Linux versions.

Thanks again to forum member John Hyslop, for all the testing he's done to get QUT to this level, very much appreciated mate.

v6.0 Linux 64bit downloaded 85 times
v6.0 Linux 32bit downloaded 83 times
v6.0 Windows 32bit downloaded 79 times

See below for new version v6.0.1
Last edited by petevick on Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pete Vickerstaff

petevick
Premier Member

Post by petevick » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:30 pm

Version 6.0 of Qcad User Theme will be the last update. I will be focusing purely on Qcad Theme Designer only.
The latest version of Qcad Theme Designer can be found here -->> https://www.qcad.org/rsforum/viewtopic. ... 489#p35525
Last edited by petevick on Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pete Vickerstaff

petevick
Premier Member

Post by petevick » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:37 pm

Qcad User Theme minor update, version 6.0.1

I spoke too soon !!

Just one minor update, the widths of some combo boxes in Qcad were only one character wide.

v6.0.1 Windows 32bit downloaded 32 times
v6.0.1 Linux 64bit downloaded 29 times
v6.0.1 Linux 32bit downloaded 26 times
Last edited by petevick on Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pete Vickerstaff

Return to “QCAD Programming, Script Programming and Contributing”