[solved] Missing icons

Discussion forum for C++ and script developers who are using the QCAD development platform or who are looking to contribute to QCAD (translations, documentation, etc).

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files, scripts and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

teegee

[solved] Missing icons

Post by teegee » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:32 am

When I compile from git on linux, with 'make release' or QT creator, several icons are missing. Mostly in the options toolbar, so far. For example, if I do AR, the direction icons are missing; there's just a shaded square and an invisible square.

Any idea what could cause this? I think this happened after I had to rearrange my qcad project directory layout (the new submodule detection stuff didn't like my setup).

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Missing icons

Post by andrew » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:32 am

Do you get any warnings about files not being found in stderr?

Warning: Cannot open file 'scripts/.../.../...svg', because: No such file or directory

teegee

Post by teegee » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:24 am

andrew wrote:Do you get any warnings about files not being found in stderr?

Warning: Cannot open file 'scripts/.../.../...svg', because: No such file or directory
No, nothing appears on the console at all when I activate AR, or press the blank/shaded square.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:20 pm

OK. I cannot explain this unfortunately. If you want to look deeper into it, the contents of the options toolbar is loaded from UI files (e.g. scripts/Draw/Arc/ArcCPA/ArcCPA.ui). The icons are in the same directory scripts/Draw/Arc/ArcCPA.

teegee

Post by teegee » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:02 pm

Well, I just did a 'git clean -fdx' to wipe everything and recompiled from scratch. The icons are back now.. Sorry to bother you with it :)

Return to “QCAD Programming, Script Programming and Contributing”