QCAD Compile on Windows

Discussion forum for C++ and script developers who are using the QCAD development platform or who are looking to contribute to QCAD (translations, documentation, etc).

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files, scripts and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

ra_vy
Newbie Member

QCAD Compile on Windows

Post by ra_vy » Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:52 pm

Hello everyone, Im trying to compile QCAD following the instructions at https://www.qcad.org/en/component/conte ... es#windows

I'm on Windows 10, Visual Studio Build Tools 2022 and Qt 6.4.1 (installed via qt-unified-windows-x64-4.5.0-online.exe)

I can run step 4:

Code: Select all

cd c:\Users\me\qcad\qcad
c:\Qt\Qt5.13.2\5.13\msvc2015_64\bin\qmake -r CONFIG+=ractivated
but at step 5:

nmake release
I get an error:

windres -i dxflib.rc -o C:\projects\qcad-dev\qcad\release\dxflib_res.o --include-dir=. -DUNICODE -D_UNICODE -DWIN32 -DMINGW_HAS_SECURE_API=1 -DQT_DISABLE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE=0x000000 -DQCAD_DLL -DDXFLIB_LIBRARY
In file included from dxflib.rc:5:
src/dl_dxf.h:30:10: fatal error: limits: No such file or directory
   30 | #include <limits>
      |          ^~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
So i'm assuming the procedure run via nmake is not seeing the standard libraries directory. I tried running it from the Developer Command Prompt for VS as well as cygwin terminal.. The --include-dir argument of windres seems like the place of interest here. But i cannot advance from this point as i dont have much experience with the compilation process and modifying the makefiles/ .rc files manually is beyond my knowledge.

Can aynone please help solve this?

Return to “QCAD Programming, Script Programming and Contributing”