Auto-dimensioning

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

slyde

Auto-dimensioning

Post by slyde » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:49 pm

Hi Forum:

Being new to CAD, I tried several CAD prograns before deciding on QCAD. Excellent software! But, if I were to add just one thing from them that QCAD lacks, it wld be the auto-dimensioning tool. One dimensioning tool for aligned, vertical, horizontal, linear, and radius/diameter. And while I have the wish list open, maybe at some point we cld have the ability to set defaults for the diameter and radius: ø and R.

Thanks for listening.

Slyde
Look! It's a bird. No! It's a plane! NO! It's QCAD hotkeys...faster than a possum falling out of a tree!!

QCAD Pro 3.19.2.0 [64-bit]

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Auto-dimensioning

Post by andrew » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:29 pm

slyde wrote:One dimensioning tool for aligned, vertical, horizontal, linear, and radius/diameter.
Can you outline how this would work? Maybe best as a feature request at:
http://www.qcad.org/bugtracker/
slyde wrote:And while I have the wish list open, maybe at some point we cld have the ability to set defaults for the diameter and radius: ø and R.
I assume that would be a default prefix for the label, right?

slyde

Post by slyde » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:47 pm

andrew wrote:Can you outline how this would work?
I'll do this right away, Andrew.

andrew wrote:slyde wrote:
And while I have the wish list open, maybe at some point we cld have the ability to set defaults for the diameter and radius: ø and R.

I assume that would be a default prefix for the label, right?
This is correct. The diameter and radius symbols wld prefix the measurement. Just the ability to set them as default. Not all users wld need this 100% of the time. But to be able to set these particular dimensions with their respective symbols as the current Drawing Preferences default (or for Application Preferences), this wld line up with the many time-saving features already available in QCAD.

Slyde
Last edited by slyde on Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Look! It's a bird. No! It's a plane! NO! It's QCAD hotkeys...faster than a possum falling out of a tree!!

QCAD Pro 3.19.2.0 [64-bit]

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:09 am

slyde wrote:Look! It's a bird. No! It's a plane. NO! It's QCAD hotkeys...faster than a possum falling out of a tree!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”