Suggestion: Make command prompts visible for all items

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

lphilpot

Suggestion: Make command prompts visible for all items

Post by lphilpot » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:37 pm

When moving the mouse over a menu or toolbar button (without choosing anything), a brief description of each item is shown in place of the status bar at the bottom left of the screen.

Well, almost... :wink: Only enabled options are shown - Those that are greyed-out don't have any description.

It's not that a reminder is needed for each and every option, but there's been more than once I've looked for a reminder only to discover the item wasn't active and therefore had no help prompt. Not a huge deal, but it would be nice.

Also, this is probably specific to the dark theme, but the prompt text is black on a dark grey background and difficult to read (on both Windows and Linux). I've not looked into the CSS to see exactly what it is, though.

Thanks for a superb product, at any rate.
Len
QCAD Pro

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Suggestion: Make command prompts visible for all items

Post by Husky » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:22 am

Hi Len,
lphilpot wrote: Well, almost... :wink: Only enabled options are shown - Those that are greyed-out don't have any description.
Hmmmm, can't confirm that here with Win10. Available / not available shows me always the Info Label. BUT QCAD has to be the active window on your system. If not - you'll not see it. Just click the QCAD Title Bar (or what ever) to tell your OS that this application is now the active one and ....
Husky-2017.12.30-02.png
Husky-2017.12.30-02.png (36.88 KiB) Viewed 7554 times
lphilpot wrote:Also, this is probably specific to the dark theme, but the prompt text is black on a dark grey background and difficult to read (on both Windows and Linux). I've not looked into the CSS to see exactly what it is, though.
My Text is grey and white on a darker (I don't believe that this color has a real name :shock: ) background. That isn't the same on your Win OS?

But I agree - the default theme is much more readable!
Husky-2017.12.30-03.png
Husky-2017.12.30-03.png (24.39 KiB) Viewed 7554 times
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

lphilpot

Post by lphilpot » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:01 am

Yes, the tool tip pops up for me, too, and they look like your examples. I was referring to the (sometimes a little more verbose) description that shows up in place of the status bar at the bottom left when some of the buttons or menu items are hovered over.
Len
QCAD Pro

Husky

Post by Husky » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:56 am

Oups - yep ... Status Bar. Sorry, my bad!

You are right. It looks like not all tools represented and the color contrast could be better ....
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Husky

Post by Husky » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:53 am

I checked 110 HEX Color codes in the css but nothing changed that particular text .... :cry:

lphilpot

Post by lphilpot » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:11 pm

Maybe it's a default color instead... If so I guess (?) we would need to know the proper selector name to specifically assign a color. But I'm no CSS expert.
Len
QCAD Pro

Husky

Post by Husky » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:56 pm

Yes that was my thought too. Unfortunately I'm in the same boot like you with css - maybe Andrew can give us a hint ... ?

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”