Insert table tool for QCAD

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Clive

Insert table tool for QCAD

Post by Clive » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:17 pm

I have added a feature request for a dedicated table tool for QCAD, a tool to insert tables for cutting lists or bill of materials and so on.

Do others think this is a good idea?

You can find the feature request here:

http://www.qcad.org/bugtracker/index.ph ... sk_id=1721

Many thanks
Clive
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Insert table tool for QCAD

Post by Husky » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:21 am

Hi Clive,
Clive wrote:Do others think this is a good idea?
Yes - that is a great idea but how will you achieve that? That is a very big task and I would assume that there is not more than 1% (wild guess!) of QCAD customer who would effective work with that ....

A tool like that contains not only the ability of QCAD to convert the existing data into a table - it requires also an extreme trained and disciplined draftsman who has to work only on given rules.

My suggestion would be:
We have already an "Export Block List" tool. It works .... but it isn't a nice list and far away from a table ...
If we could use this list to create a usable table in QCAD then I think we have a compromise which could work for a lot of user.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Clive

Post by Clive » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:57 am

Hi Husky,

I think you are not understanding me correctly, I am talking about a simple insert table where you choose how may columns and rows then fill in with text, nothing more complicated than this!

If we can already insert a rectangle at a given size, maybe this could be expanded to inserting a rectangle with rows and columns?

Many thanks

Clive
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:02 pm

Clive wrote:I think you are not understanding me correctly, I am talking about a simple insert table where you choose how may columns and rows then fill in with text, nothing more complicated than this!
Ok, thanks for clarification. In that case I would just create and use a Library item.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Clive

Post by Clive » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:50 am

Thanks for your feedback, however this would only be good for a table with a set number of rows and columns!

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”