Width / height properties for rectangle shaped polylines

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Width / height properties for rectangle shaped polylines

Post by Husky » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:23 am

Hi Andrew - thank you for the nice QCAD 3.20.0 update. :D

Playing around with the new Size settings for rectangle shaped polylines I discovered that it also works for pentagons, hexagons, octagons etc.etc. but not for triangles. I get the info for a rectangle but I can't manipulate it. Is that intended?
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Width / height properties for rectangle shaped polylines

Post by andrew » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:07 am

It's supposed to work for rectangle shaped polylines and shapes that are "very similar to a rectangle". The rectangle shape may be rotated (see displayed property "base angle").

Let's say you have a rectangle with rounded or bevelled corners or some other small adjustments. You can then often conveniently change its width/height using the property editor. It's important to realize that changing the width / height applies a stretch modification (not scaling). This is especially important when arcs are involved.

For a triangle it does not work since there are no two pairs of parallel lines that could be used to determine the base angle or stretching directions.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Width / height properties for rectangle shaped polylines

Post by Husky » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:38 am

Understood. :D Thank you!
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”