Qcad 3.21.3 freezes

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Timer
Registered Member

Qcad 3.21.3 freezes

Post by Timer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:20 pm

Hi I'm new to this game and a bit old mid 70s but hope some one can help. I load QCAD 3.21.3 trial on to my DEll XPS 13 and it works fine, felling that I should now update to the full version of QCAD CAM which I did on Sunday I find that it will not run it loads and freezes with a blank white screen. I contacted Dell support to check for display drivers and they reloaded Win10 and all display drivers, took 2hrs. why does the trial version run without a hitch and the full version freeze can someone please steer me in the right direction Please thanks Peter

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Qcad 3.21.3 freezes

Post by andrew » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:26 pm

Could it be that the trial version was for QCAD while the full version is for QCAD/CAM? QCAD/CAM contains additional plugins for CAM, including one for 3D simulation (OpenGL) which might not work on all installations of Windows.

You can try to disable the offending plugin by renaming the file C:\Program Files\QCADCAM\plugins\qcadgles3d.dll into "qcadgles3d.dll_" (note the "_" at the end of the file name, changing the extension from dll to "dll_"). Alternatively, you can simply delete that file.

Timer
Registered Member

Post by Timer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:14 pm

Hi Andrew Have renamed file and it now works, what do I loose by renaming this file anything worth having?
Thanks for your Help Peter

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:17 pm

You loose the 3D simulation panel (see https://qcad.org/en/tutorial-qcad-cam#Simulation).

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”