Printing Colours

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules
Always indicate Operating system, QCAD version
Attach Drawing files, Screenshots
Post one question per topic.
seasdes

Printing Colours

Post by seasdes » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:50 pm

I have a drawing where lines are given a colour for a particular line thickness. Each line is also allocated a thickness according to their colour.

I also have colour fills and will have photos.
Now - Is it possible to print all lines and hatches in black and print all fills and photos in colour.

I have tried Black and all fills print as black. Using the colour setting prints the lines in colour (not black).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Seasdes
QCAD Pro V3.25.2.0
User since 2021
W10

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Printing Colours

Post by andrew » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:52 pm

I'd recommend using layer states to store different states of layers for different uses:
https://qcad.org/en/tutorial-working-with-layer-states

seasdes

Post by seasdes » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:59 am

andrew wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:52 pm
I'd recommend using layer states to store different states of layers for different uses:
Thanks.

I was hoping to have drawings in colour while I am preparing the CAD file and print all lines in black and all fills in colour.

I tried setting up layer states. I can get different layers to turn on/off in different layer states. However when I change layer colours in a layer state it applies to all layer states. Do I have to duplicate layers so that for example walls that I want printed in colour are in one layer state and walls that I want to print black are in another layer. If that is the case I need to duplicate most of my layers.

I may be missing something here. Does someone have a simple drawing showing how layer states can be set up to meet my need? Or set up the attached file for me please
Attachments
Layer state test with layer states.dwg
(19.63 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Seasdes
QCAD Pro V3.25.2.0
User since 2021
W10

seasdes

Post by seasdes » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:11 am

seasdes wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:59 am
andrew wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:52 pm
Thanks.

I was hoping to have drawings in colour while I am preparing the CAD file and print all lines in black and all fills in colour.

I tried setting up layer states. I can get different layers to turn on/off in different layer states. However when I change layer colours in a layer state it applies to all layer states. Do I have to duplicate layers so that for example walls that I want printed in colour are in one layer state and walls that I want to print black are in another layer. If that is the case I need to duplicate most of my layers.

I may be missing something here. Does someone have a simple drawing showing how layer states can be set up to meet my need? Or set up the attached file for me please
Ignore this last post I was looking under the Views menu instead of the layers menu.
Seasdes
QCAD Pro V3.25.2.0
User since 2021
W10

seasdes

Post by seasdes » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:22 am

Note to self - All colours have to be set to By Layer.
Seasdes
QCAD Pro V3.25.2.0
User since 2021
W10

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”