Printing elements on separate pages

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

RLARMER
Newbie Member

Printing elements on separate pages

Post by RLARMER » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:31 pm

I use Windows OS and QCAD v.3.26.4. I'm new to the CAD world.
I have reviewed the QCad User Reference Manual by Andrew Mustun but it seems to be based on a much older version. Despite researching the hell out of this subject in the manual and google searches, I am having considerable difficulty understanding model space, layout space, paper space and viewports and learning how to print many drawings on separate pages.
I have a set of floor plans and elevations in one file. I think this is called "model space" (see attached).
I want to have each of these separate drawings on one 11x17 page with a border and title block. Are there detailed instructions somewhere either written or Youtube to teach me how to achieve my objective? I have literally searched for hours with no luck. Not understanding all the terms, I don't know the key words that I should in my search.
Thanks.
Attachments
Model Space.JPG
Model Space.JPG (141.13 KiB) Viewed 3122 times

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Printing elements on separate pages

Post by andrew » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:37 pm

RLARMER wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:31 pm
I have reviewed the QCad User Reference Manual by Andrew Mustun but it seems to be based on a much older version.
Please find the manual for the current version at:
https://qcad.org/doc/qcad/latest/reference/en/

Or simply under Help > Reference Manual.
RLARMER wrote:
I have a set of floor plans and elevations in one file. I think this is called "model space" (see attached).
Correct, this is your model space block or your main drawing.
RLARMER wrote:
I want to have each of these separate drawings on one 11x17 page with a border and title block. Are there detailed instructions somewhere either written or Youtube to teach me how to achieve my objective? I have literally searched for hours with no luck. Not understanding all the terms, I don't know the key words that I should in my search.
This should give you a good starting point:
https://www.qcad.org/en/tutorial-workin ... -viewports

Feel free to post back if you still have questions after studying this tutorial.

RLARMER
Newbie Member

Post by RLARMER » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:47 pm

Much appreciated. That worked very well once I saw that it was relevant to my search. Thank you for pointing that out.

One more question...can new multiple Layout Blocks be created with my own border already in place?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:23 pm

RLARMER wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:47 pm
One more question...can new multiple Layout Blocks be created with my own border already in place?
No, you'd have to copy that over (Copy / Paste).

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”