Page 1 of 1
Exoprt a high resolution image file?
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:25 am
How can I export a high resolution image file - apt for publication print - from QCAD pro?
I have tried through bitmap export, but the results are very low resolution!
I'd be very pleased by your help!
Re: Exoprt a high resolution image file?
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:00 am
- File > Bitmap Export...
- In the file dialog, choose the format (BMP, PNG, JPEG, TIFF, ...)
- In the bitmap export dialog, choose the desired image size or resolution in pixels per drawing unit:
Keep an eye on the width and height of the bitmap. Large values can potentially produce huge image files or even stop QCAD if it runs out of memory:
- 1'000 x 1'000 -> ~ 3MB
- 2'000 x 2'000 -> ~ 12MB
- 5'000 x 5'000 -> ~ 75MB
- 10'000 x 10'000 -> ~ 300MB
- 20'000 x 20'000 -> ~ 1.2GB (might fail)
- 100'000 x 100'000 -> ~ 30GB (will almost certainly fail!)
Re: Change default 640x480
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:38 pm
Is there a way to change the default 640x480 in the Bitmap Export dialog box to another one? I normally use 1920x1080 and would be desirable to set this new size as a default rather than entering it every time. Is there an xml file that can be modified?