Bitmap to parts library?

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

batterselec
Registered Member

Bitmap to parts library?

Post by batterselec » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:01 pm

Recently I have put a Bitmap into my parts library of a company logo for use on pages where i want it displayed at the bottom. The bitmap transfers into the library fine, but every time i try insert it in to the drawing nothing happens. I click the insert tab and there is no 'ghost image' to transfer across. Parts that i have built work fine, its just bitmaps.
I have recently changed to Pro and i don't remember having this trouble on the open source/free version.
any ideas?

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Bitmap to parts library?

Post by andrew » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:25 am

A typical problem with images is that the bitmap file has been deleted, moved or renamed. Note that DXF files cannot store bitmap data inside the DXF format. DXF files can only reference bitmap files on disk. If the bitmap file is deleted, moved or renamed it can no longer be displayed. It's good practice to keep the DXF file and the bitmap file together in one folder, especially for library items.

If you cannot solve the problem, please attach your library item (the DXF file with the bitmap you have saved into your libraries folder).

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”