Adding annotations with leaders

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

keithwins

Adding annotations with leaders

Post by keithwins » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:21 am

I need to annotate my detail drawings: I'm new to QCad, so I might be missing the obvious. If I use Leader lines & text, I have little control over arrow sizes. And I don't think text can include a background filled rectangle or anything, to block out extraneous background... The attached file shows the general idea, though not that last point.
Since I'm new to QCad, I don't know if there are any tools to do this kind of annotation? Also, if I understand, there's not really a "paperspace", except print preview, which means there's only one per drawing. Is that correct? I saw that this is being worked on on Github, if I understand correctly.
Thanks!
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (37.13 KiB) Viewed 3586 times

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Adding annotations with leaders

Post by andrew » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:59 am

keithwins wrote:If I use Leader lines & text, I have little control over arrow sizes.
The arrow size can be configured under Edit > Drawing Preferences > Dimensions > Dimension Settings.
keithwins wrote:And I don't think text can include a background filled rectangle or anything, to block out extraneous background...
Correct. Leaders are just arrows. Texts are just texts. To block out the background, you'd have to use a rectangle in the background color or simply move the text into an unoccupied area.
keithwins wrote:Also, if I understand, there's not really a "paperspace", except print preview, which means there's only one per drawing. Is that correct? I saw that this is being worked on on Github, if I understand correctly.
Yes.

keithwins

Post by keithwins » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:40 pm

Thank you Andrew.
I just noticed that Model (Model Space) and Layout1 (Paper Space) blocks. I can't wrap my head around that... does that mean I can have a Layout2 etc and thereby have effectively more Paper Spaces?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:05 pm

Please open a new thread for new, unrelated questions. Thanks.

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”