Adjust scale of drawing area...

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

ZellisE82

Adjust scale of drawing area...

Post by ZellisE82 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:59 pm

Sorry for the repost, folks, but I figured this might be a more appropriate forum. I'm a first timer and I'm going through the book and here it says "Adjust the scale of the drawing area so that you can see a space of about 100 units"

How would I go about doing this?

I'm using the latest QCAD Pro, Windows 10 and I'm working in inches. Here's a screenshot.

"Check the bottom right corner of the drawing area to make sure that the grid is currently shown with a spacing of 10 units ( the text 10/100 is shown)"

Is the red circle what they're talking about?

I imagine it's right in front of me, but I'm not getting it. Could someone please break this down for me and make sense of it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much.

help.jpg
help.jpg (1.2 MiB) Viewed 2853 times

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Adjust scale of drawing area...

Post by Husky » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:52 pm

ZellisE82 wrote:Sorry for the repost, folks, but I figured this might be a more appropriate forum.
Perfect - thanks for helping us to keep the forum clean.
ZellisE82 wrote:"Adjust the scale of the drawing area so that you can see a space of about 100 units"
With the scale of the drawing is meant the zoom factor of the drawing. You can zoom in and your actual drawing appears "bigger. You can zoom out and the drawing appears "smaller". But that is only a "View" like a used magnifier. It will not change anything in your drawing.
With zooming in or out your rulers will adjust the shown units / divider regarding to the zoom factor. Just zoom your drawing until you have this 100 units shown what they are asking for.
How to zoom? They are many different ways in QCAD to do that - the result is always the same. Use your Keyboard and play around with the plus (+) or minus (-) keys. Or just - if you have - scroll the mouse wheel up or down. You get the point.
ZellisE82 wrote:"Check the bottom right corner of the drawing area to make sure that the grid is currently shown with a spacing of 10 units ( the text 10/100 is shown)"

Is the red circle what they're talking about?
Yes. 10/100 reflects your settings for Grid Spacing (10) and Meta Grid Spacing (100)
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”