Lining up dots

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

chrisgee
Registered Member

Lining up dots

Post by chrisgee » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:47 pm

I am trying to use qcad to design templates for leather working patterns which involves a lot of stitch holes. I am very new to CAD but think this could be the right tool for me.
However I cannot seem to space the stitch holes correctly after I round a corner and add an inside line 5mm away from the main line. I need 5mm apart dots all the way round the inside line. At the moment I am getting two dots much closer to each other when the line changes to the curved corner (see screenshot) Is this possible and if so I would be grateful if somebody could tell me how in simple terms.

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot attached
stitch.PNG
stitch.PNG (5.47 KiB) Viewed 2962 times

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Lining up dots

Post by Husky » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:36 pm

chrisgee wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:47 pm
At the moment I am getting two dots much closer to each other when the line changes to the curved corner (see screenshot)
Which tool was used?
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:00 am

Are you using a dotted line pattern to create the stitch holes or are you copying a circle along the lines? Please clarify your requirements or attach your DXF file if possible, thanks.

chrisgee
Registered Member

Post by chrisgee » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:30 pm

Using a dotted line pattern. So have defined a line type of appropriate sized dots for the stitch line.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:42 pm

In that case, I'd recommend to create a polyline from those connected entities (right-click and select "Auto Create Polyline"). This will "wrap" the pattern at corners, keeping it continuous. If that is not the case, select the polyline and use the property editor to set the property "Polyline Pattern" to "Yes":
Schermata 2019-02-06 alle 13.41.23.png
Schermata 2019-02-06 alle 13.41.23.png (132.53 KiB) Viewed 2874 times

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”